Re: [podcasters] Moldawer in the Morning now a part of the FarPoint Media Group

  • Matthew Wayne Selznick
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 29, 2007
      On 4/29/07, Todd Cochrane <geeknews@...> wrote:
      > What is the FarPoint Media Group Podcast Network never heard of them before?

      Google "farpoint media", see first result.

      37 podcasts, plus production services. With Draco Vista Studios. Since 2002.

      --
      Matthew Wayne Selznick
      Consultant, Podcaster, Author
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 30, 2007
        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Wayne Selznick"
        <mwselznick@...> wrote:

        > On 4/29/07, Todd Cochrane <geeknews@...> wrote:
        > > What is the FarPoint Media Group Podcast Network never heard of
        them before?

        > Google "farpoint media", see first result.
        >
        > 37 podcasts, plus production services. With Draco Vista Studios.
        Since 2002.

        ====
        I'm sure he was kidding. Pullin' our legs.

        I don't think it would be possible to be as active in podcasting as
        Todd is, especially on this group, without having heard of them.

        MWD
      • Todd Cochrane

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 30, 2007
            Far Point Media is run by Michael Menenga and Evo Terra and others that I
            can't recall off the top of my head.

            On 4/30/07, Todd Cochrane <geeknews@...> wrote:

            > No honestly I have never heard of them just shows you that the space is
            > getting larger and more spread out.
            >

            > ====
            > I'm sure he was kidding. Pullin' our legs.
            >
            > I don't think it would be possible to be as active in podcasting as
            > Todd is, especially on this group, without having heard of them.
            >
            > MWD

            Mike Wills
            http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikewills
            Blog - http://mikewills.name
            Podcasts - http://podcastmike.com

          • Evo Terra
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 30, 2007
              Mike wrote:

              > Far Point Media is run by Michael Menenga and Evo Terra and others that I
              > can't recall off the top of my head.

              In the interest of full disclosure and giving credit where credit is
              due, FarPoint Media was *founded* by Mike, Summer and me.

              It is *ran* by Mike, Summer, Jeffery and others who spend a hell of a
              lot more time on FPM stuff than I do. I just show up and talk when I'm
              supposed to and consult when asked.

              E.

              --
              Evo Terra | Podiobooks.com
              Free serialized audio books, delivered on your schedule.
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 30, 2007
                In other words... You helped a little in the beginning and now everyone
                else does all the work and you get most of the credit?

                j/k

                Seriously tho, the FPM team is quite amazing and has been impressing me
                since I got into this whole "podcasting thing" a couple years ago. If I
                weren't so darn busy with my normal job I would have hoped to have a
                chance to team up with such a talented team with such a vision and
                passion for podcasting.
                So for Todd C, its really your loss to not have been following their
                work with all their shows and the cool stuff at podiobooks.com, you
                really should take a look at what they are doing, because its real
                innovation in our community

                --
                Dan Kuykendall (aka Seek3r)
                http://www.mightyseek.com

                In God we trust, all others we virus scan.
                Programmer - an organism that turns coffee into software.
              • Evo Terra
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 30, 2007
                  Dan Kuykendall wrote:

                  > In other words... You helped a little in the beginning and now everyone
                  > else does all the work and you get most of the credit?

                  Shit. They're on to me now.

                  E.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 30, 2007
                    Hell... us hard-core fanboys (and girls) have known this fact for a long
                    time...

                    On 4/30/07, Evo Terra <evo@...> wrote:

                    > Dan Kuykendall wrote:
                    >
                    > > In other words... You helped a little in the beginning and now everyone
                    > > else does all the work and you get most of the credit?
                    >
                    > Shit. They're on to me now.
                    >
                    > E.
                    >
                    > --
                    > Evo Terra | Podiobooks.com
                    > Free serialized audio books, delivered on your schedule.
                    > http://twitter.com/evo_terra

                    Mike Wills
                    http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikewills
                    Blog - http://mikewills.name
                    Podcasts - http://podcastmike.com

                  • Kevin Bachelder
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 30, 2007
                      The hard working team at Farpoint Media have helped to inspire many
                      other folks to get into podcasting over the years. Those of us in the
                      SciFi community owe a great deal to everyone there for helping to
                      support the community as a whole.

                      Kevin

                      --
                      If you're a fan of Farscape or Firefly then you'll enjoy listening to
                      the award winning podcasts...

                      The ScapeCast
                      http://www.scapecast.org

                      The Signal