Re: [podcasters] Why OPML?

  • Nicole Simon
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 2, 2005
      "Eric Rice" <eric@...> wrote:

      >How did OPML (perhaps more accurately, hierarchial outlines) become the ideal
      >format for show notes.

      I don't use OPML as shownotes, show notes go into my blog with links.

      Links provided in these postings catch attention of the linked persons and
      they respond back.

      There are several podcasts which are in my "sometimes" folder who I listen
      to based on the shownotes or if something catched my interest.

      For production value this might work out, but I have yet to find a usable
      outliner, otherwise I might be tempted to have the production notes in a
      opml format and transfer them later to html.

      Btw, as Bloglines does not 'read' opml like a rss feed, I don't follow
      changes made with opml files.

      my 2 ct.
      Nicole

      --