Re: [podcasters] Re: The whole CSB vs. PCH/DSC "Conversation"

  • Flyswatter
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 23 4:20 PM
      David, there already is a Pod Soup! Well, Podcast Soup anyway:
      http://podcastsoup.net/

      On 4/23/07, David Smith <dbsmith@...> wrote:

      > It was 22 Apr 2007, when Evo Terra commented:
      >
      > > But I, for one, would subscribe to a one to five minute "recap" podcast
      > of
      > > his content. Or maybe a weekly digest of half an hour, if necessary. And
      > > I'm not suggesting anyone try and edit the files down. No, I'm talking
      > > about a "cliff notes" version that someone creates on their own.
      > >
      > > In fact, how many other long-format shows could benefit? We, the
      > > creators, try and distill them down to "show notes", that I understand.
      > But
      > > what if someone created "Bob's Take on Slice of Scifi" and cut through
      > all
      > > my snarkiness, the amusing banter between the hosts and pushed out three
      > > minute recap every week? Heck, I'd subscribe.
      >
      > Ya know, what this brings to mind is the show "Talk Soup" on one of the
      > cable channels. Admittedly, they snip out the parts of various talk shows
      > (etc) that they think are funny. But how about a show consisting of 15-
      > second "sound bytes" from a variety of podcasts?
      >
      > Call it "Pod Soup," and you could get free publicity from the trademark
      > infringement lawsuit. And if one stuck to the "Talk Soup" format, it
      > would provide an excellent opportunity to ridicule a vast number of
      > podcasts. <grin>
      >
      > --
      > Grizzly <grizzly at grizzly.podzone.org>
      > Podcast:
      > <http://feeds.feedburner.com/grizzlysgrowls>
      > A minor local celebrity's fifteen minutes of
      > fame
      >
      > __.

      Laura Ross

      The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
      http://coffeeandteashow.com
      Listener hotline: 206-338-6194
      coffeeandteashow@...

      Rocky Horror Pod Show
      http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
      Listener hotline: 206-888-4991 (note new number)
      rockypod@...