Re: Webcam probs

  • Michael W. Dean
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 22, 2007
      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Lamont" <nlp@...> wrote:
      >....Does anyone have an opinion as to what would be better...(1)
      Webcam "with"
      built-in mic or (2) webcam and separate mic?
      ======

      The only web cam I had was in 1997 and didn't have a mic, but standard
      video / filmmaking theory would suggest a separate mic is better,
      because you can get it away from the monitor/computer fan (sources of
      noise and RF interference) and close to your mouth (source of audio.)

      Pro video shoots always have the mic as close to the person speaking
      as possible, even when the camera is far away. That's why they have
      people who work as boom operators.

      So, I'd think the separate mic would give you better fidelity and less
      noise.

      MWD
      "SUBMISSION AND COFFEE WITH DOLLIE LLAMA" (free BDSM podcast. No iPod
      needed):
      http://www.askdollie.com