Re: [podcasters] Mixing in a little video into an all-audio podcast

  • David Smith
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 18, 2007
      It was 18 Apr 2007, when mbritt1216 commented:

      > I don't see many people do this, so I thought I'd ask: in an audio
      > podcast, is there anything wrong with having a video episode every
      > once in a while? My podcast is typically audio, but every once in a
      > while I just have a hankerin' to throw in a video episode because
      > sometimes you just need video in order to really get your point
      > across. And, I'll admit it, because I like to play around with video
      > as well as audio.
      >
      > Anyone see any difficulties my subscribers might have with this?

      Well, one thing comes to mind. CrankyGeeks does a video podcast, but they
      also do an audio version of same (which is what I listen to). If you do
      an audio version also, your video episodes shouldn't be a problem. The
      way their feed is configured, though, doesn't allow my software to grab
      either file automatically -- don't know in particular what's the problem.

      You might also consider creating a new feed for the video episodes, and
      mention on your audio track when you have a new video episode available
      for download, and/or have the audio track from the video in your audio-
      only feed.

      --
      Grizzly <grizzly at grizzly.podzone.org>
      Podcast: