Re: [podcasters] Comments and/or Suggestions

  • George L Smyth
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16, 2007
      Jason -

      Since you are hoping to engage people who may not know what podcasting is, they
      also will probably not know what "Syndication RSS" means. At
      http://oneminutehowto.com I have a button that says "Podcast" with a text link
      below it that says "What's This?" The text links to
      http://oneminutehowto.com/Subscribe/Subscribe.asp, which explains what a
      subscription is and gives a picture how-to explanation of subscribing using
      Juice. Feel free to either link to that page or take the pictures and
      information and repurpose it for your own website.

      Also, your target audience is a good example of a previous discussion as to why
      inline flash players can be beneficial. If you can provide one then people
      won't need to have to understand any of this.

      Finally, pick three or four people from the parish and ask them to help you
      with the website as testers. Pick at least one somewhat knowledgeable person
      and another who has little knowledge of the Internet. Ask them to do some
      things on the website and see what difficulties they encounter. I have found
      this to be a valuable and enlightening exercise.

      Cheers -

      george

      Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
      DRiP Investing: http://DRiPInvesting.org - Blog: http://feeds.feedburner.com/PrudentInvestor