Re: [podcasters] Re: Is there an Association of Podcasters?

  • Jason @ Insomnia Radio
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1 1:02 PM
      I agree there should be a general "union" of sorts...

      For MUSIC podcasters out there, you can join the Association of Music
      Podcasting @ http://musicpodcasting.org

      (Those of you who have submitted we are working furiously to finalize
      everything.)

      It would be nice to have all podcasters under one umbrella though...

      On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 19:59:25 -0000, Eric Rice <eric@...> wrote:

      > Yeah, it could be called PIAA, except instead of being harrassed by RIAA,
      > the fog light and
      > automotive accessorie maker would come knocking.
      >
      > Cough.
      >
      > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "vandydavid" <vandydavid@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Is there an Association of Podcasters? I was just wondering. If so,
      > > how do people join, and if not, how do we start an official
      > > association, or do we even want to start one? Or would we call this
      > > group our association. Sorry for all the questions. I am new to
      > > this group, LOVE podcasting and want to help any way that I can. I
      > > know this is going to sound like I am just trying to market myself
      > > but my main job is in the promotional products industry. Things
      > > such as T-shirts, Mousepads, even MP3 players so I can help with
      > > anyone needing to promote their own Podcast. Finally, check out the
      > > logo file I uploaded into the files section. What are your
      > > thoughts. Like it, hate it, You will not hurt my feelings.
      > >
      > > David :)
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Jason Evangelho
      Host & Producer: Insomnia Radio

      On the web:
      http://hardcoreinsomniaradio.blogspot.com
      RSS Feed: (copy link and plug into your podcatching client)
      http://webpages.charter.net/jevangelho01/IR.xml

      The Sleepless Reader: A critical extension of Insomnia Radio:
      http://sleeplessreader.blogspot.com

      Direct Connect:
      AIM: hardcoreinsomnia
      Skype: hardcoreinsomnia
      805-709-1551

      Proud member of the Association of Music Podcasting:
      http://musicpodcasting.org

      "The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too
      strong to be broken."
      ~Samuel Johnson
    • Craig Patchett
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1 3:09 PM
        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Jason @ Insomnia Radio"
        <jasonevangelho@g...> wrote:

        > I agree there should be a general "union" of sorts...

        POW! ... Podcasters of the World? Or POW! UNITED, something like that?
        This is global, after all.

        Craig

        *******************

        Craig Patchett
        The GodCast Network

        "Behind the Scenes", the podcast for podcasters: http://www.btscast.com
      • Dragon Page
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1 4:10 PM
          Sorry guys. I don't think you can use that one.
          Stan Lee has his company set up as "Pow! Entertainment".

          It's close enough to cause friction.

          Michael R. Mennenga
          Producer/Host
          The Dragon Page - Radio Talk Show

          On Mar 1, 2005, at 4:09 PM, Craig Patchett wrote:

          > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Jason @ Insomnia Radio"
          > <jasonevangelho@g...> wrote:
          >
          > > I agree there should be a general "union" of sorts...
          >
          > POW! ... Podcasters of the World? Or POW! UNITED, something like that?
          > This is global, after all.
          >
          > Craig
          >
          > *******************
          >
          > Craig Patchett
          > The GodCast Network
          >
          > "Behind the Scenes", the podcast for podcasters:
          > http://www.btscast.com
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          > <22305_0205_016_b_300250_a.gif>
          > <l.gif>

          > Service.

          Michael R. Mennenga
          Producer/Host
          The Dragon Page - Radio Talk Show
          www.DragonPage.com
        • jeff32968
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 12 8:51 PM
            First of all, I'm new to the group and I'm very excited to be here!

            Second, I definitely think that we should try to create an
            organization for podcasters. What if we called it aPodder
            (Association of Podcasters)? Anyway, if there is interest in
            creating an association, please post here or e-mail me at
            associationsunorthodox@...!

            Jeff De Cagna
            Associations Unorthodox.com
          • Ryan Ozawa
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 13 8:59 AM
              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "jeff32968" wrote:
              > Second, I definitely think that we should try to create an
              > organization for podcasters.

              Seems like this list is a good place to start. <g> Though I suppose
              the "Podcasters Yahoo! Group" isn't a particularly compelling name, I
              think this is one of the best places for good podcaster interaction.

              Podcasters are grouping together pretty naturally, fortunately. I
              know there are lots of regional groups, some managed through MeetUp
              and some separately. (I helped start the Hawaii group at
              HawaiiPodcasting.com.) But as far as a "Mother Ship" of podcasters, I
              don't think there is one, or if there ever will be one.

              Besides, these days, it feels as if there are nearly as many "podcast
              portals" as podcasters!

              Formal organizations are inevitable, and I know my island neighbor
              Todd is forging ahead with the PodcastConnect network. But just like
              I don't really think of bloggers as a particularly organized lot (boy
              howdy), I think independents will thrive, for good reason. The chaos
              is part of the appeal.

              Until there's some bonehead in congress that wants to come after us...

              --
              Ryan
              HawaiiUP.com - Podcasting in paradise.