Re: Is there an Association of Podcasters?

  • Eric Rice
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2005
      Yeah, it could be called PIAA, except instead of being harrassed by RIAA, the fog light and
      automotive accessorie maker would come knocking.

      Cough.

    • Jason @ Insomnia Radio
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2005
        I agree there should be a general "union" of sorts...

        For MUSIC podcasters out there, you can join the Association of Music
        Podcasting @ http://musicpodcasting.org

        (Those of you who have submitted we are working furiously to finalize
        everything.)

        It would be nice to have all podcasters under one umbrella though...

        On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 19:59:25 -0000, Eric Rice <eric@...> wrote:

        > Yeah, it could be called PIAA, except instead of being harrassed by RIAA,
        > the fog light and
        > automotive accessorie maker would come knocking.
        >
        > Cough.
        >
        > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "vandydavid" <vandydavid@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Is there an Association of Podcasters? I was just wondering. If so,
        > > how do people join, and if not, how do we start an official
        > > association, or do we even want to start one? Or would we call this
        > > group our association. Sorry for all the questions. I am new to
        > > this group, LOVE podcasting and want to help any way that I can. I
        > > know this is going to sound like I am just trying to market myself
        > > but my main job is in the promotional products industry. Things
        > > such as T-shirts, Mousepads, even MP3 players so I can help with
        > > anyone needing to promote their own Podcast. Finally, check out the
        > > logo file I uploaded into the files section. What are your
        > > thoughts. Like it, hate it, You will not hurt my feelings.
        > >
        > > David :)
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Jason Evangelho
        Host & Producer: Insomnia Radio

        On the web:
        http://hardcoreinsomniaradio.blogspot.com
        RSS Feed: (copy link and plug into your podcatching client)
        http://webpages.charter.net/jevangelho01/IR.xml

        The Sleepless Reader: A critical extension of Insomnia Radio:
        http://sleeplessreader.blogspot.com

        Direct Connect:
        AIM: hardcoreinsomnia
        Skype: hardcoreinsomnia
        805-709-1551

        Proud member of the Association of Music Podcasting:
        http://musicpodcasting.org

        "The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too
        strong to be broken."
        ~Samuel Johnson
      • Craig Patchett
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2005
          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Jason @ Insomnia Radio"
          <jasonevangelho@g...> wrote:

          > I agree there should be a general "union" of sorts...

          POW! ... Podcasters of the World? Or POW! UNITED, something like that?
          This is global, after all.

          Craig

          *******************

          Craig Patchett
          The GodCast Network

          "Behind the Scenes", the podcast for podcasters: http://www.btscast.com
        • Dragon Page
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2005
            Sorry guys. I don't think you can use that one.
            Stan Lee has his company set up as "Pow! Entertainment".

            It's close enough to cause friction.

            Michael R. Mennenga
            Producer/Host
            The Dragon Page - Radio Talk Show

            On Mar 1, 2005, at 4:09 PM, Craig Patchett wrote:

            > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Jason @ Insomnia Radio"
            > <jasonevangelho@g...> wrote:
            >
            > > I agree there should be a general "union" of sorts...
            >
            > POW! ... Podcasters of the World? Or POW! UNITED, something like that?
            > This is global, after all.
            >
            > Craig
            >
            > *******************
            >
            > Craig Patchett
            > The GodCast Network
            >
            > "Behind the Scenes", the podcast for podcasters:
            > http://www.btscast.com
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            > <22305_0205_016_b_300250_a.gif>
            > <l.gif>

            > Service.

            Michael R. Mennenga
            Producer/Host
            The Dragon Page - Radio Talk Show
            www.DragonPage.com
          • jeff32968
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 12, 2005
              First of all, I'm new to the group and I'm very excited to be here!

              Second, I definitely think that we should try to create an
              organization for podcasters. What if we called it aPodder
              (Association of Podcasters)? Anyway, if there is interest in
              creating an association, please post here or e-mail me at
              associationsunorthodox@...!

              Jeff De Cagna
              Associations Unorthodox.com
            • Ryan Ozawa
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 13, 2005
                --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "jeff32968" wrote:
                > Second, I definitely think that we should try to create an
                > organization for podcasters.

                Seems like this list is a good place to start. <g> Though I suppose
                the "Podcasters Yahoo! Group" isn't a particularly compelling name, I
                think this is one of the best places for good podcaster interaction.

                Podcasters are grouping together pretty naturally, fortunately. I
                know there are lots of regional groups, some managed through MeetUp
                and some separately. (I helped start the Hawaii group at
                HawaiiPodcasting.com.) But as far as a "Mother Ship" of podcasters, I
                don't think there is one, or if there ever will be one.

                Besides, these days, it feels as if there are nearly as many "podcast
                portals" as podcasters!

                Formal organizations are inevitable, and I know my island neighbor
                Todd is forging ahead with the PodcastConnect network. But just like
                I don't really think of bloggers as a particularly organized lot (boy
                howdy), I think independents will thrive, for good reason. The chaos
                is part of the appeal.

                Until there's some bonehead in congress that wants to come after us...

                --
                Ryan
                HawaiiUP.com - Podcasting in paradise.