Is there an Association of Podcasters?

  • vandydavid
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2005
      Is there an Association of Podcasters? I was just wondering. If so,
      how do people join, and if not, how do we start an official
      association, or do we even want to start one? Or would we call this
      group our association. Sorry for all the questions. I am new to
      this group, LOVE podcasting and want to help any way that I can. I
      know this is going to sound like I am just trying to market myself
      but my main job is in the promotional products industry. Things
      such as T-shirts, Mousepads, even MP3 players so I can help with
      anyone needing to promote their own Podcast. Finally, check out the
      logo file I uploaded into the files section. What are your
      thoughts. Like it, hate it, You will not hurt my feelings.

      David :)
    • Eric Rice
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2005
        Yeah, it could be called PIAA, except instead of being harrassed by RIAA, the fog light and
        automotive accessorie maker would come knocking.

        Cough.

      • Jason @ Insomnia Radio
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2005
          I agree there should be a general "union" of sorts...

          For MUSIC podcasters out there, you can join the Association of Music
          Podcasting @ http://musicpodcasting.org

          (Those of you who have submitted we are working furiously to finalize
          everything.)

          It would be nice to have all podcasters under one umbrella though...

          On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 19:59:25 -0000, Eric Rice <eric@...> wrote:

          > Yeah, it could be called PIAA, except instead of being harrassed by RIAA,
          > the fog light and
          > automotive accessorie maker would come knocking.
          >
          > Cough.
          >
          > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "vandydavid" <vandydavid@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Is there an Association of Podcasters? I was just wondering. If so,
          > > how do people join, and if not, how do we start an official
          > > association, or do we even want to start one? Or would we call this
          > > group our association. Sorry for all the questions. I am new to
          > > this group, LOVE podcasting and want to help any way that I can. I
          > > know this is going to sound like I am just trying to market myself
          > > but my main job is in the promotional products industry. Things
          > > such as T-shirts, Mousepads, even MP3 players so I can help with
          > > anyone needing to promote their own Podcast. Finally, check out the
          > > logo file I uploaded into the files section. What are your
          > > thoughts. Like it, hate it, You will not hurt my feelings.
          > >
          > > David :)
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Jason Evangelho
          Host & Producer: Insomnia Radio

          On the web:
          http://hardcoreinsomniaradio.blogspot.com
          RSS Feed: (copy link and plug into your podcatching client)
          http://webpages.charter.net/jevangelho01/IR.xml

          The Sleepless Reader: A critical extension of Insomnia Radio:
          http://sleeplessreader.blogspot.com

          Direct Connect:
          AIM: hardcoreinsomnia
          Skype: hardcoreinsomnia
          805-709-1551

          Proud member of the Association of Music Podcasting:
          http://musicpodcasting.org

          "The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too
          strong to be broken."
          ~Samuel Johnson
        • Craig Patchett
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2005
            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Jason @ Insomnia Radio"
            <jasonevangelho@g...> wrote:

            > I agree there should be a general "union" of sorts...

            POW! ... Podcasters of the World? Or POW! UNITED, something like that?
            This is global, after all.

            Craig

            *******************

            Craig Patchett
            The GodCast Network

            "Behind the Scenes", the podcast for podcasters: http://www.btscast.com
          • Dragon Page
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2005
              Sorry guys. I don't think you can use that one.
              Stan Lee has his company set up as "Pow! Entertainment".

              It's close enough to cause friction.

              Michael R. Mennenga
              Producer/Host
              The Dragon Page - Radio Talk Show

              On Mar 1, 2005, at 4:09 PM, Craig Patchett wrote:

              > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Jason @ Insomnia Radio"
              > <jasonevangelho@g...> wrote:
              >
              > > I agree there should be a general "union" of sorts...
              >
              > POW! ... Podcasters of the World? Or POW! UNITED, something like that?
              > This is global, after all.
              >
              > Craig
              >
              > *******************
              >
              > Craig Patchett
              > The GodCast Network
              >
              > "Behind the Scenes", the podcast for podcasters:
              > http://www.btscast.com
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              > <22305_0205_016_b_300250_a.gif>
              > <l.gif>

              > Service.

              Michael R. Mennenga
              Producer/Host
              The Dragon Page - Radio Talk Show
              www.DragonPage.com
            • jeff32968
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 12, 2005
                First of all, I'm new to the group and I'm very excited to be here!

                Second, I definitely think that we should try to create an
                organization for podcasters. What if we called it aPodder
                (Association of Podcasters)? Anyway, if there is interest in
                creating an association, please post here or e-mail me at
                associationsunorthodox@...!

                Jeff De Cagna
                Associations Unorthodox.com
              • Ryan Ozawa
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 13, 2005
                  --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "jeff32968" wrote:
                  > Second, I definitely think that we should try to create an
                  > organization for podcasters.

                  Seems like this list is a good place to start. <g> Though I suppose
                  the "Podcasters Yahoo! Group" isn't a particularly compelling name, I
                  think this is one of the best places for good podcaster interaction.

                  Podcasters are grouping together pretty naturally, fortunately. I
                  know there are lots of regional groups, some managed through MeetUp
                  and some separately. (I helped start the Hawaii group at
                  HawaiiPodcasting.com.) But as far as a "Mother Ship" of podcasters, I
                  don't think there is one, or if there ever will be one.

                  Besides, these days, it feels as if there are nearly as many "podcast
                  portals" as podcasters!

                  Formal organizations are inevitable, and I know my island neighbor
                  Todd is forging ahead with the PodcastConnect network. But just like
                  I don't really think of bloggers as a particularly organized lot (boy
                  howdy), I think independents will thrive, for good reason. The chaos
                  is part of the appeal.

                  Until there's some bonehead in congress that wants to come after us...

                  --
                  Ryan
                  HawaiiUP.com - Podcasting in paradise.