Statistics

  • Vince Callaway
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2005
      My site has been up for one month now and I thought I would pass on some
      statistics.

      My podcasts are a very niche market. I have started off doing interviews with
      political figures on a state and local level. I will move into more political
      news and commentary later.

      What is interesting is the bulk of my traffic is coming from state political
      offices, probably caucus staff. I am also getting a large number from hits
      from two of the states largest newspapers.

      I have a streaming player on my site that allows people to listen online. The
      drawback is I don't know how many people listen this way. I only have download
      numbers to work with.

      The podcasts average is about 130 downloads each. The most popular is an
      interview with a Tacoma City Councilman. The second most is the Senate ranking
      minority member. A second interview with him was posted yesterday evening and
      has been downloaded 30+ times as of this morning.

      Search engines are providing a small number of hits. I use Google Adwords and
      Yahoo Overature. Because the site is new it has a low ranking and the only way
      to get good search exposure is to pay for it.

      The most hits come from political blogs I participate in. People click the
      link on my name. Second comes from usenet postings. I post to tacoma.politics
      and seattle.politics when I put up a new interview.

      If there is any interest I will followup with a post about the next phase of
      the site and plans for more exposure.

      =====
      Podcasting Politics for the Masses
      www.TotalSense.com

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
    • Brian Noe
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2005
        i'm interested in how you gather your stats...my podcasts live on the
        dotmac servers, and i'd like to find an easy tool to determine the
        number of downloads...anybody have ideas?

        thanks!

        noe