Re: [podcasters] Re: New address for Morning Coffee Notes feed...

  • Ross Rader
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 1, 2005
      Eric Rice wrote:

      > OPML makes sense to me as a production element, but not as a consumer element. I
      > feel
      > much more comfortable giving listeners/potential listeners a verbose summary in
      > about
      > three or four lines. And the designer in me says, it looks better.

      I'm very happy that Podcasters are picking meta-data rich formats to use
      as the basis for their production notes. What they choose is completely
      unimportant...RSS, ID3 or OPML...

      Point is, now I get to develop coolio-freche' apps that parse this data
      and make the user experience better (based on what they've outlined to
      me as functional requirements)...

      Keep the metadata train rollin'!

      --

      -rwr

      Contact info: http://www.blogware.com/profiles/ross
      Skydasher: A great way to start your day
      My weblog: http://www.byte.org
    • Ryan King
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 1, 2005
        On Mar 1, 2005, at 3:43 PM, Gabe Kangas wrote:

        > Can't we standardize on real programming languages? Libraries for VB,
        > C, Perl, etc would be quite helpful.

        Real languages? I'm not sure what makes UserTalk less of a language.

        -ryan

        http://theryanking.com/