Re: [podcasters] New address for Morning Coffee Notes feed...

  • Ross Rader
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 1, 2005
      Gabe Kangas wrote:

      > Now, I use OPML files myself for outlining. But there's a reason I
      > can't get people to download OPML show notes files I create... because
      > there are no reasons to. Why render to HTML when you could just create
      > HTML in the first place?

      There are great reasons for producers to use opml to create show notes
      'n stuff - but very few tools available to automate basic tasks. Similar
      story on the demand side of the equation...but there are good reasons on
      both side to use the format that some smart programmer might make a good
      buck off of if they spent the time to implement the functions that users
      on the supply and demand side want...

      And sort of on that note - is there anything preventing me from
      embedding an OPML file in an RSS feed? I can't find anything in the spec
      that would rule this out, but then again, I've missed that boat before...

      I'm basically looking for a decent way to deliver outlines and I'm not
      really interested in reinventing the wheel.

      --

      -rwr

      Contact info: http://www.blogware.com/profiles/ross
      Skydasher: A great way to start your day
      My weblog: http://www.byte.org
    • Ryan King
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 1, 2005
        On Mar 1, 2005, at 3:43 PM, Gabe Kangas wrote:

        > Can't we standardize on real programming languages? Libraries for VB,
        > C, Perl, etc would be quite helpful.

        Real languages? I'm not sure what makes UserTalk less of a language.

        -ryan

        http://theryanking.com/