Re: [podcasters] Re: I certainly do apologize for the apparent ruckus!

  • Dave Hodson
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
      Tony

      >I was referring to the marketing of both
      >the Mac and Microsoft podcasting products.

      You are working on the marketing efforts for Microsoft's podcasting
      products? Do tell.

      Tony Marino, Ph.D. wrote:

      > Hey Adam!
      >
      > Well, I must say, I do understand
      > the spirit of your post! :-)
      >
      > Please allow me to clear the record.
      >
      > I was not referring to you or Dave.
      >
      > Factoring and recognizing that you and
      > Dave were the PodCasting front runners,
      > I was referring to the marketing of both
      > the Mac and Microsoft podcasting products.
      >
      > We have been strong advocates of your
      > iPodder and truly love it!
      >
      > At present we are working on a marketing
      > plan to get the word out to our lists
      > about your product as well.
      >
      > Additionally, we hold your PodCast
      > authority in very high regard and
      > most certainly respect the amount of
      > relentless effort you provide to all
      > within the PodCast communities.
      >
      > You build it and we will market it!
      >
      > Sometimes these posts make it hard to
      > get out the true intent. It is so
      > easy to be misconstrued. I truly do
      > apologize for the riff. My intent was
      > really to learn more about what you
      > already know.
      >
      > As I wrote in my last email to you
      > (last week), we have what we think
      > are some pretty good marketing ideas.
      > After all, that is what we do best.
      >
      > I would love to talk further with you
      > on the subject. Please do call me at
      > your convenience.
      >
      > Keep up the great work you do.
      > (I really enjoy your DSC podcast!)
      >
      > I truly did join this community to
      > learn more about what you do. I have
      > already discovered many new things.
      >
      > Thank you for all the support!
      >
      > Only the very best...

      > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Adam Curry <adam@c...> wrote:

      > > HUH???? I don't think so.
      > >
      > > AC
      >

      > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
      > click here
      > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1297cque1/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1705004726:HM/EXP=1109783589/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

    • elle_webb
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Marino, Ph.D."
        <marinofactor@g...> wrote:

        > Hi Jim!
        >
        > Very funny VodCast! Got the point!
        >
        > Man, do I have days like that!
        > More often than I like to admit!
        >
        > Keep up the great work and thanks
        > a million for the interaction.
        >
        > I will now sit quietly and learn
        > unless spoken to! :-)
        >
        > All the best,

        <sarcasm>

        Tony!

        Sorry, but our BS detectors just went off!

        Funny how that happens sometimes! :)

        Maybe you could contribute something to the discussion...offer a
        useful service...or back up your claims with something concrete!

        Otherwise, there are a lot of intelligent people on the list to learn
        from!

        Have a great day!

        Elle

        </sarcasm>
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
          On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 17:12:57 -0000, Tony Marino, Ph.D.
          <marinofactor@...> wrote:

          > As I wrote in my last email to you
          > (last week), we have what we think
          > are some pretty good marketing ideas.
          > After all, that is what we do best.

          Marketing Rule #1: Don't annoy your market.

          Now what was it you do best, again?

          - Steve Eley
          sfeley@...