SFX Q&A x3

  • Paul Campbell
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2007
      What did I spend way to much time doing today? Looking for an SFX for
      a car window being smashed. Plenty of plate glass effects, but no
      'tempered' glass. I do have one of the Digital Juice SFX libraries on
      the way, but I'm impatient.

      What did I finally realise? That I have a bag full broken glass
      sitting on my kitchen window-sill. Contained a couple of broken
      plates and tumblers. Five minutes later I had the sound I wanted.

      Why do I have a bag of broken glass sitting on my kitchen window sill?
      Erm, let me get back to you on that.

      --
      Paul Campbell
      * Audio Drama - http://cossmass.co.uk/
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2007
        That's like the time I was designing a book and my customer wanted me
        to find a photo that indicated a murder had occurred. I couldn't find
        anything so I grabbed my digital camera and my 8-year-old daughter,
        had her position herself on the driveway, and drew around her with
        chalk so it looked like a murder scene. I shot it in black and white
        and oil spots and stains looked a little like blood to boot.

        Laura

        On 4/1/07, Paul Campbell <kemitix@...> wrote:

        > What did I spend way to much time doing today? Looking for an SFX for
        > a car window being smashed. Plenty of plate glass effects, but no
        > 'tempered' glass. I do have one of the Digital Juice SFX libraries on
        > the way, but I'm impatient.
        >
        > What did I finally realise? That I have a bag full broken glass
        > sitting on my kitchen window-sill. Contained a couple of broken
        > plates and tumblers. Five minutes later I had the sound I wanted.
        >
        > Why do I have a bag of broken glass sitting on my kitchen window sill?
        > Erm, let me get back to you on that.
        >
        > --
        > Paul Campbell
        > * Audio Drama - http://cossmass.co.uk/
        > * Podcast Client - http://pcastcatcher.net/
        > * Blog - http://kemitix.net/
        Laura Ross

        The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
        http://coffeeandteashow.com
        Listener hotline: 206-338-6194
        coffeeandteashow@...

        Rocky Horror Pod Show
        http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
        Listener hotline: 206-888-4991 (note new number)
        rockypod@...