Re: [podcasters] Where do you customize your rss feed?

  • Shawn Thorpe
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
      On 31 Mar 2007 09:30:34 -0700, mbritt1216 <michael.britt@...>
      wrote:

      > In an attempt to get more visibility for my site, I've been paying
      > attention to my rss feed to
      > see if I've got the right search terms, keywords, etc. I'm a little
      > confused about something
      > though. Here's the background: I started my blog on Wordpress.com, then
      > purchased my
      > domain name and hosting from Dreamhost. I moved the Wordpress blog over to
      >
      > Dreamhost, then created my feed at Feedburner. I host the actual mp3 files
      > at Libsyn.
      > Here's the issue: I noticed that I can tweak my rss feed at both
      > Feedburner and Libsyn.
      > How could that be? Which "tweaks" to the rss feed take precedence over the
      > other? At
      > which site should I do the tweaking?
      >
      > PS: thanks for all the very helpful info I got from members regarding
      > podcasting and fair
      > use. Excellent resources - I haven't had time to read them all, but I've
      > bookmarked them
      > all. Thanks again!
      >
      > Michael Britt
      > michael.britt@... <michael.britt%40thepsychfiles.com>
      >
      > The Psych Files
      > Psychological theory in everyday life.
      > http://www.thepsychfiles.com

      If you're pointing FeedBurner at your LibSyn feed, then I'd recommend
      editing the LibSyn feed, as FeedBurner should automatically "finalize" your
      feed for your subscribers. If you're pointing FeedBurner at your WordPress
      feed, then I'd recommend editing that feed. Keep in mind that you can
      simply use LibSyn as a "backend" host for your podcast files, and that you
      don't actually have to maintain a LibSyn blog.

      --
      -Shawn "Shawno Gordo" Thorpe
      Hyper Nonsense - Talk, comedy, music and more!

      Shawnogram - Content = life.
      http://www.shawnogram.com/

      Phantom Power Media - Bloggy, podcasty
      http://www.phantompower.org/

    • mbritt1216
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
        I have to admit I don't know where my feedburner feed it pointing to. How/where do I find
        that out - somewhere in my Feedburner account I assume?

        Michael
        michael,britt@...

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Shawn Thorpe" <shawnogordo@...> wrote:

        > On 31 Mar 2007 09:30:34 -0700, mbritt1216 <michael.britt@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > In an attempt to get more visibility for my site, I've been paying
        > > attention to my rss feed to
        > > see if I've got the right search terms, keywords, etc. I'm a little
        > > confused about something
        > > though. Here's the background: I started my blog on Wordpress.com, then
        > > purchased my
        > > domain name and hosting from Dreamhost. I moved the Wordpress blog over to
        > >
        > > Dreamhost, then created my feed at Feedburner. I host the actual mp3 files
        > > at Libsyn.
        > > Here's the issue: I noticed that I can tweak my rss feed at both
        > > Feedburner and Libsyn.
        > > How could that be? Which "tweaks" to the rss feed take precedence over the
        > > other? At
        > > which site should I do the tweaking?
        > >
        > > PS: thanks for all the very helpful info I got from members regarding
        > > podcasting and fair
        > > use. Excellent resources - I haven't had time to read them all, but I've
        > > bookmarked them
        > > all. Thanks again!
        > >
        > > Michael Britt
        > > michael.britt@... <michael.britt%40thepsychfiles.com>
        > >
        > > The Psych Files
        > > Psychological theory in everyday life.
        > > http://www.thepsychfiles.com
        > >

        > If you're pointing FeedBurner at your LibSyn feed, then I'd recommend
        > editing the LibSyn feed, as FeedBurner should automatically "finalize" your
        > feed for your subscribers. If you're pointing FeedBurner at your WordPress
        > feed, then I'd recommend editing that feed. Keep in mind that you can
        > simply use LibSyn as a "backend" host for your podcast files, and that you
        > don't actually have to maintain a LibSyn blog.
        >
        > --
        > -Shawn "Shawno Gordo" Thorpe
        > Hyper Nonsense - Talk, comedy, music and more!
        > http://www.hypernonsense.com/
        >
        > Shawnogram - Content = life.
        > http://www.shawnogram.com/
        >
        > Phantom Power Media - Bloggy, podcasty
        > http://www.phantompower.org/

      • Shawn Thorpe
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
          On 01 Apr 2007 04:13:36 -0700, mbritt1216 <michael.britt@...>
          wrote:

          > I have to admit I don't know where my feedburner feed it pointing to.
          > How/where do I find
          > that out - somewhere in my Feedburner account I assume?
          >
          > Michael
          > michael,britt@... <britt%40thepsychfiles.com>
          >
          > The Psych Files
          > Psychological theory in everyday life.
          > http://www.thepsychfiles.com

          Log into your Feedburner account. Click the name of your feed to get to the
          part of the site where you can make changes. Click on the "Edit feed
          details" link and look at the field next to "Original Feed." That'll tell
          you where your FeedBurner feed is pointing.