Re: [podcasters] How do you gracefully miss a regular show?

  • David Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31 8:58 AM
      It was 30 Mar 2007, when Flyswatter commented:

      > I could record something really quickly (I've done that before when my
      > partner was sick or had an emergency) and just put it up on the feed, but
      > since I don't know what to say, I don't know what to do! What would you
      > suggest? I've already done a blog post but most of our listeners are
      > subscribers and would never think to look there.

      You could try what CNetBuzz did a while back when they had to miss an
      episode -- they recorded a non-podcast podcast, as in Episode <mumble> on
      <mumble> date, and even included the standard tech comments they each
      always make. And you explain in the 'cast that while you didn't want to
      disappoint your audience with -no- show, you also didn't want to
      disappoint with a -bad- show just because you were both too worn out to
      think clearly. And follow up with a good show next time that lives up to
      your estimable standards.

      These things happen to Real People. Your audience will understand.

      Or so I was told, when I thought I'd miss a show a couple weeks back.

      --
      Grizzly <grizzly at grizzly.podzone.org>
      Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
        The problem with the day we record does not originate with me. My
        partner goes to college at night and thus has only Thursday free. My
        goal is to have the show up by Friday night because Rocky Horror
        shadowcasts almost always perform on Friday or Saturday nights and
        they want to get their fix before they go on. They or their audience
        are the ones writing notes to us to hurry with the show.

        Ah well, at least people are listening--I can't complain. It's a niche
        group but very dedicated.

        Laura