Re: I certainly do apologize for the apparent ruckus!

  • Tony Marino, Ph.D.
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hi Jim!

      Very funny VodCast! Got the point!

      Man, do I have days like that!
      More often than I like to admit!

      Keep up the great work and thanks
      a million for the interaction.

      I will now sit quietly and learn
      unless spoken to! :-)

      All the best,

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, jim stewart <jimboot@g...> wrote:
      > Hi Tony,
      >
      > > Just to make things clear...
      > >
      > > My companies have been streaming media since
      > > the late '90's!
      >
      > Well my companies have been streaming since 1997 - should we have a
      > pissing contest? I don't mean to be rude but I'm not sure of the
      > relevance in this context.
      >
      > > Myself, I have been a major market broadcaster
      > > here in the states for over 20 years!
      >
      > Well I was only an ABC broadcaster for five years - why is this
      > relevant? This is narrowcasting.
      >
      > > My point was to be helpful!
      > >
      > > If you need help... ask!
      >
      > No one asked for your post. If your post was a response to someone
      > elses post, then that was not clear. If someone had asked
      questions,
      > to which you provided answers, that was not clear. If I missed
      > something then I apologise.
      >

      > > I asked for NO sale and I never implied that
      > > I knew everything. I just thought I was adding
      > > information to this group. Pure and simple.
      >
      > Tony I am not a moderator of his list, so I can only speak for
      myself.
      > I have been on the net since 1992 (and boy am I tired;-)) and been
      > involved in many online communities. The tone of your email to me
      and
      > many others on this list was that of self promotion. Maybe you have
      > already achieved your aim? By creating controversy you therefore
      give
      > yourself online visibility.
      >

      > You cease to be noise in the digital storm.
      >

      > Maybe I was the unknowing catalyst in your plan?
      >
      > > Jim, when good people come along, perhaps
      > > next time you will give them a chance to explain
      > > before whining, "SPAM".
      >
      > Tony - no one "whined". Be sensible and be a grown up about this
      mate.
      > I asked a question to this list. If it was ok to self promote like
      you
      > did then I'd like to know. I wanted to know what the parameters
      were
      > in reality. I think the list has demonstrated quite vociferously
      how
      > it feels about such posts.
      >
      > > And, in closing and for the record...
      > >
      > > My company represents the same industry leaders
      > > that developed PodCasting in the first place.
      >
      > Which industry leaders? Please tell us. I'm sure everyone on this
      list
      > would be interested to know. Who? Adam Curry? Apple? Napster?
      Audible?
      > Vinton Cerf? Babbabge? Who?
      >
      > >See, you did
      > > learn something from me after all!)
      >
      > I learnt plenty Tony. Given the way this list has responded so
      > negatively to your post, you must be either a very bad online
      marketer
      > or a liar. Please point out to me where my logic is flawed or
      where I
      > am wrong.
      > I deal with just such a topic in my latest Vodcast- Balloon
      Animals at
      > http://jimstewart.net it tells you all you need to know about such
      > dilemmnas and will make your life better.
      > http://www.jimstewart.net/podcast/js20050227.mov
      >
      > ;-)
      >
      > Jim Stewart
      >

      > > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, jim stewart <jimboot@g...>
      wrote:
      > > > Hi Tony,

    • Dave Hodson
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
        Tony

        >I was referring to the marketing of both
        >the Mac and Microsoft podcasting products.

        You are working on the marketing efforts for Microsoft's podcasting
        products? Do tell.

        Tony Marino, Ph.D. wrote:

        > Hey Adam!
        >
        > Well, I must say, I do understand
        > the spirit of your post! :-)
        >
        > Please allow me to clear the record.
        >
        > I was not referring to you or Dave.
        >
        > Factoring and recognizing that you and
        > Dave were the PodCasting front runners,
        > I was referring to the marketing of both
        > the Mac and Microsoft podcasting products.
        >
        > We have been strong advocates of your
        > iPodder and truly love it!
        >
        > At present we are working on a marketing
        > plan to get the word out to our lists
        > about your product as well.
        >
        > Additionally, we hold your PodCast
        > authority in very high regard and
        > most certainly respect the amount of
        > relentless effort you provide to all
        > within the PodCast communities.
        >
        > You build it and we will market it!
        >
        > Sometimes these posts make it hard to
        > get out the true intent. It is so
        > easy to be misconstrued. I truly do
        > apologize for the riff. My intent was
        > really to learn more about what you
        > already know.
        >
        > As I wrote in my last email to you
        > (last week), we have what we think
        > are some pretty good marketing ideas.
        > After all, that is what we do best.
        >
        > I would love to talk further with you
        > on the subject. Please do call me at
        > your convenience.
        >
        > Keep up the great work you do.
        > (I really enjoy your DSC podcast!)
        >
        > I truly did join this community to
        > learn more about what you do. I have
        > already discovered many new things.
        >
        > Thank you for all the support!
        >
        > Only the very best...

        > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Adam Curry <adam@c...> wrote:

        > > HUH???? I don't think so.
        > >
        > > AC
        >

        > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
        > click here
        > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1297cque1/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1705004726:HM/EXP=1109783589/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

      • elle_webb
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Marino, Ph.D."
          <marinofactor@g...> wrote:

          > Hi Jim!
          >
          > Very funny VodCast! Got the point!
          >
          > Man, do I have days like that!
          > More often than I like to admit!
          >
          > Keep up the great work and thanks
          > a million for the interaction.
          >
          > I will now sit quietly and learn
          > unless spoken to! :-)
          >
          > All the best,

          <sarcasm>

          Tony!

          Sorry, but our BS detectors just went off!

          Funny how that happens sometimes! :)

          Maybe you could contribute something to the discussion...offer a
          useful service...or back up your claims with something concrete!

          Otherwise, there are a lot of intelligent people on the list to learn
          from!

          Have a great day!

          Elle

          </sarcasm>
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
            On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 17:12:57 -0000, Tony Marino, Ph.D.
            <marinofactor@...> wrote:

            > As I wrote in my last email to you
            > (last week), we have what we think
            > are some pretty good marketing ideas.
            > After all, that is what we do best.

            Marketing Rule #1: Don't annoy your market.

            Now what was it you do best, again?

            - Steve Eley
            sfeley@...