Re: [podcasters] making notes for podcasts

  • David Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2007
      It was 30 Mar 2007, when Michael W. Dean commented:

      > (Wondering if other people do this? It really helps us.)
      >
      > I make a few pages of one-liner notes throughout the week whenever
      > dollie or I say something that seems clever or podcastable. (When we
      > say something smart or cute during conversation, we usually say "You
      > can take that to the pod and cast it!", then type it into our "notes"
      > text file.
      >
      > Then when it's time to record, we print that out, and have it on our
      > laps to refer to during the cast.
      >
      > It's not a script, just a list of ideas to riff off of, but it helps a lot.

      I tried exactly one episode without a script, which I think turned out
      well, and was told by one person they liked the scripted stuff better, so
      I'm back to doing scripts. I think it makes the show clearer, at least,
      though I think I tend to talk too quickly when working from a script.

      I like the idea of "talking points," as the political folks tend to call
      them. I suspect I could get away with more of that if I did more of a
      discussion with somebody else, rather than just me babbling. And it's a
      good idea, too, to note down ideas as they come during the week -- I make
      notes in my PDA on show ideas. For some reason, I end up writing something
      completely different, perhaps because the idea doesn't seem fresh enough.

      I think one of the speakers on Podcast Academy recommended that, too, for
      whatever that's worth. And it is a legitimate way of doing things that
      works well for some folks.

      --
      Grizzly <grizzly at grizzly.podzone.org>
      Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 30, 2007
        I use Delicious to mark links I want to discuss, which my guest, co-host, or
        what not, can refer to to research, and get their links from them. We then
        discuss them. As for posting to my site, if it is a long show with multiple
        topics, I will sometimes make a time stamped list of topics, other times I
        will just make a bulleted list. it depends on the flow of the show.

        --

        Dwight Wallbridge,
        Blogger, Photographer, Geek

        The Geek's Blog http://www.thegeeksblog.com/