Re: [podcasters] I certainly do apologize for the apparent ruckus!

  • Matt May
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
      On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 08:44:00 -0600, Pat Carney <pat@...> wrote:

      > How do I get off this stupid list?

      Reading the footer at the bottom of every message will set you free...
    • Tony Marino, Ph.D.
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
        Hey Adam!

        Well, I must say, I do understand
        the spirit of your post! :-)

        Please allow me to clear the record.

        I was not referring to you or Dave.

        Factoring and recognizing that you and
        Dave were the PodCasting front runners,
        I was referring to the marketing of both
        the Mac and Microsoft podcasting products.

        We have been strong advocates of your
        iPodder and truly love it!

        At present we are working on a marketing
        plan to get the word out to our lists
        about your product as well.

        Additionally, we hold your PodCast
        authority in very high regard and
        most certainly respect the amount of
        relentless effort you provide to all
        within the PodCast communities.

        You build it and we will market it!

        Sometimes these posts make it hard to
        get out the true intent. It is so
        easy to be misconstrued. I truly do
        apologize for the riff. My intent was
        really to learn more about what you
        already know.

        As I wrote in my last email to you
        (last week), we have what we think
        are some pretty good marketing ideas.
        After all, that is what we do best.

        I would love to talk further with you
        on the subject. Please do call me at
        your convenience.

        Keep up the great work you do.
        (I really enjoy your DSC podcast!)

        I truly did join this community to
        learn more about what you do. I have
        already discovered many new things.

        Thank you for all the support!

        Only the very best...

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Adam Curry <adam@c...> wrote:
        > On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 11:09:55 -0000, Tony Marino, Ph.D.
        > <marinofactor@g...> wrote:
        >
        > >>My company represents the same industry leaders
        > >>that developed PodCasting in the first place.
        >

        > HUH???? I don't think so.
        >
        > AC
      • Tony Marino, Ph.D.
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
          Hi Jim!

          Very funny VodCast! Got the point!

          Man, do I have days like that!
          More often than I like to admit!

          Keep up the great work and thanks
          a million for the interaction.

          I will now sit quietly and learn
          unless spoken to! :-)

          All the best,

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, jim stewart <jimboot@g...> wrote:
          > Hi Tony,
          >
          > > Just to make things clear...
          > >
          > > My companies have been streaming media since
          > > the late '90's!
          >
          > Well my companies have been streaming since 1997 - should we have a
          > pissing contest? I don't mean to be rude but I'm not sure of the
          > relevance in this context.
          >
          > > Myself, I have been a major market broadcaster
          > > here in the states for over 20 years!
          >
          > Well I was only an ABC broadcaster for five years - why is this
          > relevant? This is narrowcasting.
          >
          > > My point was to be helpful!
          > >
          > > If you need help... ask!
          >
          > No one asked for your post. If your post was a response to someone
          > elses post, then that was not clear. If someone had asked
          questions,
          > to which you provided answers, that was not clear. If I missed
          > something then I apologise.
          >

          > > I asked for NO sale and I never implied that
          > > I knew everything. I just thought I was adding
          > > information to this group. Pure and simple.
          >
          > Tony I am not a moderator of his list, so I can only speak for
          myself.
          > I have been on the net since 1992 (and boy am I tired;-)) and been
          > involved in many online communities. The tone of your email to me
          and
          > many others on this list was that of self promotion. Maybe you have
          > already achieved your aim? By creating controversy you therefore
          give
          > yourself online visibility.
          >

          > You cease to be noise in the digital storm.
          >

          > Maybe I was the unknowing catalyst in your plan?
          >
          > > Jim, when good people come along, perhaps
          > > next time you will give them a chance to explain
          > > before whining, "SPAM".
          >
          > Tony - no one "whined". Be sensible and be a grown up about this
          mate.
          > I asked a question to this list. If it was ok to self promote like
          you
          > did then I'd like to know. I wanted to know what the parameters
          were
          > in reality. I think the list has demonstrated quite vociferously
          how
          > it feels about such posts.
          >
          > > And, in closing and for the record...
          > >
          > > My company represents the same industry leaders
          > > that developed PodCasting in the first place.
          >
          > Which industry leaders? Please tell us. I'm sure everyone on this
          list
          > would be interested to know. Who? Adam Curry? Apple? Napster?
          Audible?
          > Vinton Cerf? Babbabge? Who?
          >
          > >See, you did
          > > learn something from me after all!)
          >
          > I learnt plenty Tony. Given the way this list has responded so
          > negatively to your post, you must be either a very bad online
          marketer
          > or a liar. Please point out to me where my logic is flawed or
          where I
          > am wrong.
          > I deal with just such a topic in my latest Vodcast- Balloon
          Animals at
          > http://jimstewart.net it tells you all you need to know about such
          > dilemmnas and will make your life better.
          > http://www.jimstewart.net/podcast/js20050227.mov
          >
          > ;-)
          >
          > Jim Stewart
          >

          > > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, jim stewart <jimboot@g...>
          wrote:
          > > > Hi Tony,

        • Dave Hodson
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
            Tony

            >I was referring to the marketing of both
            >the Mac and Microsoft podcasting products.

            You are working on the marketing efforts for Microsoft's podcasting
            products? Do tell.

            Tony Marino, Ph.D. wrote:

            > Hey Adam!
            >
            > Well, I must say, I do understand
            > the spirit of your post! :-)
            >
            > Please allow me to clear the record.
            >
            > I was not referring to you or Dave.
            >
            > Factoring and recognizing that you and
            > Dave were the PodCasting front runners,
            > I was referring to the marketing of both
            > the Mac and Microsoft podcasting products.
            >
            > We have been strong advocates of your
            > iPodder and truly love it!
            >
            > At present we are working on a marketing
            > plan to get the word out to our lists
            > about your product as well.
            >
            > Additionally, we hold your PodCast
            > authority in very high regard and
            > most certainly respect the amount of
            > relentless effort you provide to all
            > within the PodCast communities.
            >
            > You build it and we will market it!
            >
            > Sometimes these posts make it hard to
            > get out the true intent. It is so
            > easy to be misconstrued. I truly do
            > apologize for the riff. My intent was
            > really to learn more about what you
            > already know.
            >
            > As I wrote in my last email to you
            > (last week), we have what we think
            > are some pretty good marketing ideas.
            > After all, that is what we do best.
            >
            > I would love to talk further with you
            > on the subject. Please do call me at
            > your convenience.
            >
            > Keep up the great work you do.
            > (I really enjoy your DSC podcast!)
            >
            > I truly did join this community to
            > learn more about what you do. I have
            > already discovered many new things.
            >
            > Thank you for all the support!
            >
            > Only the very best...

            > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Adam Curry <adam@c...> wrote:

            > > HUH???? I don't think so.
            > >
            > > AC
            >

            > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
            > click here
            > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1297cque1/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1705004726:HM/EXP=1109783589/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

          • elle_webb
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Marino, Ph.D."
              <marinofactor@g...> wrote:

              > Hi Jim!
              >
              > Very funny VodCast! Got the point!
              >
              > Man, do I have days like that!
              > More often than I like to admit!
              >
              > Keep up the great work and thanks
              > a million for the interaction.
              >
              > I will now sit quietly and learn
              > unless spoken to! :-)
              >
              > All the best,

              <sarcasm>

              Tony!

              Sorry, but our BS detectors just went off!

              Funny how that happens sometimes! :)

              Maybe you could contribute something to the discussion...offer a
              useful service...or back up your claims with something concrete!

              Otherwise, there are a lot of intelligent people on the list to learn
              from!

              Have a great day!

              Elle

              </sarcasm>
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
                On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 17:12:57 -0000, Tony Marino, Ph.D.
                <marinofactor@...> wrote:

                > As I wrote in my last email to you
                > (last week), we have what we think
                > are some pretty good marketing ideas.
                > After all, that is what we do best.

                Marketing Rule #1: Don't annoy your market.

                Now what was it you do best, again?

                - Steve Eley
                sfeley@...