Re: [podcasters] I certainly do apologize for the apparent ruckus!

  • Joshua Kinberg
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
      Its written at the bottom of every email the list sends out.

      -Josh

      On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 08:44:00 -0600, Pat Carney <pat@...> wrote:

      > How do I get off this stupid list?
      >
      > Pat Carney
      > The Carney Group
      > 837 Glenwood Avenue
      > Minneapolis, MN 55405
      > (612) 746-5889
      >
      > "How hard it is to escape from places. However carefully one goes they
      > hold you - you leave little bits of yourself fluttering on the fences -
      > little rags and shreds of your very life."
      > -Katherine Mansfield
    • Matt May
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
        On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 08:44:00 -0600, Pat Carney <pat@...> wrote:

        > How do I get off this stupid list?

        Reading the footer at the bottom of every message will set you free...
      • Tony Marino, Ph.D.
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
          Hey Adam!

          Well, I must say, I do understand
          the spirit of your post! :-)

          Please allow me to clear the record.

          I was not referring to you or Dave.

          Factoring and recognizing that you and
          Dave were the PodCasting front runners,
          I was referring to the marketing of both
          the Mac and Microsoft podcasting products.

          We have been strong advocates of your
          iPodder and truly love it!

          At present we are working on a marketing
          plan to get the word out to our lists
          about your product as well.

          Additionally, we hold your PodCast
          authority in very high regard and
          most certainly respect the amount of
          relentless effort you provide to all
          within the PodCast communities.

          You build it and we will market it!

          Sometimes these posts make it hard to
          get out the true intent. It is so
          easy to be misconstrued. I truly do
          apologize for the riff. My intent was
          really to learn more about what you
          already know.

          As I wrote in my last email to you
          (last week), we have what we think
          are some pretty good marketing ideas.
          After all, that is what we do best.

          I would love to talk further with you
          on the subject. Please do call me at
          your convenience.

          Keep up the great work you do.
          (I really enjoy your DSC podcast!)

          I truly did join this community to
          learn more about what you do. I have
          already discovered many new things.

          Thank you for all the support!

          Only the very best...

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Adam Curry <adam@c...> wrote:
          > On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 11:09:55 -0000, Tony Marino, Ph.D.
          > <marinofactor@g...> wrote:
          >
          > >>My company represents the same industry leaders
          > >>that developed PodCasting in the first place.
          >

          > HUH???? I don't think so.
          >
          > AC
        • Tony Marino, Ph.D.
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
            Hi Jim!

            Very funny VodCast! Got the point!

            Man, do I have days like that!
            More often than I like to admit!

            Keep up the great work and thanks
            a million for the interaction.

            I will now sit quietly and learn
            unless spoken to! :-)

            All the best,

            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, jim stewart <jimboot@g...> wrote:
            > Hi Tony,
            >
            > > Just to make things clear...
            > >
            > > My companies have been streaming media since
            > > the late '90's!
            >
            > Well my companies have been streaming since 1997 - should we have a
            > pissing contest? I don't mean to be rude but I'm not sure of the
            > relevance in this context.
            >
            > > Myself, I have been a major market broadcaster
            > > here in the states for over 20 years!
            >
            > Well I was only an ABC broadcaster for five years - why is this
            > relevant? This is narrowcasting.
            >
            > > My point was to be helpful!
            > >
            > > If you need help... ask!
            >
            > No one asked for your post. If your post was a response to someone
            > elses post, then that was not clear. If someone had asked
            questions,
            > to which you provided answers, that was not clear. If I missed
            > something then I apologise.
            >

            > > I asked for NO sale and I never implied that
            > > I knew everything. I just thought I was adding
            > > information to this group. Pure and simple.
            >
            > Tony I am not a moderator of his list, so I can only speak for
            myself.
            > I have been on the net since 1992 (and boy am I tired;-)) and been
            > involved in many online communities. The tone of your email to me
            and
            > many others on this list was that of self promotion. Maybe you have
            > already achieved your aim? By creating controversy you therefore
            give
            > yourself online visibility.
            >

            > You cease to be noise in the digital storm.
            >

            > Maybe I was the unknowing catalyst in your plan?
            >
            > > Jim, when good people come along, perhaps
            > > next time you will give them a chance to explain
            > > before whining, "SPAM".
            >
            > Tony - no one "whined". Be sensible and be a grown up about this
            mate.
            > I asked a question to this list. If it was ok to self promote like
            you
            > did then I'd like to know. I wanted to know what the parameters
            were
            > in reality. I think the list has demonstrated quite vociferously
            how
            > it feels about such posts.
            >
            > > And, in closing and for the record...
            > >
            > > My company represents the same industry leaders
            > > that developed PodCasting in the first place.
            >
            > Which industry leaders? Please tell us. I'm sure everyone on this
            list
            > would be interested to know. Who? Adam Curry? Apple? Napster?
            Audible?
            > Vinton Cerf? Babbabge? Who?
            >
            > >See, you did
            > > learn something from me after all!)
            >
            > I learnt plenty Tony. Given the way this list has responded so
            > negatively to your post, you must be either a very bad online
            marketer
            > or a liar. Please point out to me where my logic is flawed or
            where I
            > am wrong.
            > I deal with just such a topic in my latest Vodcast- Balloon
            Animals at
            > http://jimstewart.net it tells you all you need to know about such
            > dilemmnas and will make your life better.
            > http://www.jimstewart.net/podcast/js20050227.mov
            >
            > ;-)
            >
            > Jim Stewart
            >

            > > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, jim stewart <jimboot@g...>
            wrote:
            > > > Hi Tony,

          • Dave Hodson
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
              Tony

              >I was referring to the marketing of both
              >the Mac and Microsoft podcasting products.

              You are working on the marketing efforts for Microsoft's podcasting
              products? Do tell.

              Tony Marino, Ph.D. wrote:

              > Hey Adam!
              >
              > Well, I must say, I do understand
              > the spirit of your post! :-)
              >
              > Please allow me to clear the record.
              >
              > I was not referring to you or Dave.
              >
              > Factoring and recognizing that you and
              > Dave were the PodCasting front runners,
              > I was referring to the marketing of both
              > the Mac and Microsoft podcasting products.
              >
              > We have been strong advocates of your
              > iPodder and truly love it!
              >
              > At present we are working on a marketing
              > plan to get the word out to our lists
              > about your product as well.
              >
              > Additionally, we hold your PodCast
              > authority in very high regard and
              > most certainly respect the amount of
              > relentless effort you provide to all
              > within the PodCast communities.
              >
              > You build it and we will market it!
              >
              > Sometimes these posts make it hard to
              > get out the true intent. It is so
              > easy to be misconstrued. I truly do
              > apologize for the riff. My intent was
              > really to learn more about what you
              > already know.
              >
              > As I wrote in my last email to you
              > (last week), we have what we think
              > are some pretty good marketing ideas.
              > After all, that is what we do best.
              >
              > I would love to talk further with you
              > on the subject. Please do call me at
              > your convenience.
              >
              > Keep up the great work you do.
              > (I really enjoy your DSC podcast!)
              >
              > I truly did join this community to
              > learn more about what you do. I have
              > already discovered many new things.
              >
              > Thank you for all the support!
              >
              > Only the very best...

              > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Adam Curry <adam@c...> wrote:

              > > HUH???? I don't think so.
              > >
              > > AC
              >

              > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
              > click here
              > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1297cque1/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1705004726:HM/EXP=1109783589/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

            • elle_webb
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
                --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Marino, Ph.D."
                <marinofactor@g...> wrote:

                > Hi Jim!
                >
                > Very funny VodCast! Got the point!
                >
                > Man, do I have days like that!
                > More often than I like to admit!
                >
                > Keep up the great work and thanks
                > a million for the interaction.
                >
                > I will now sit quietly and learn
                > unless spoken to! :-)
                >
                > All the best,

                <sarcasm>

                Tony!

                Sorry, but our BS detectors just went off!

                Funny how that happens sometimes! :)

                Maybe you could contribute something to the discussion...offer a
                useful service...or back up your claims with something concrete!

                Otherwise, there are a lot of intelligent people on the list to learn
                from!

                Have a great day!

                Elle

                </sarcasm>
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
                  On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 17:12:57 -0000, Tony Marino, Ph.D.
                  <marinofactor@...> wrote:

                  > As I wrote in my last email to you
                  > (last week), we have what we think
                  > are some pretty good marketing ideas.
                  > After all, that is what we do best.

                  Marketing Rule #1: Don't annoy your market.

                  Now what was it you do best, again?

                  - Steve Eley
                  sfeley@...