Re: [podcasters] New address for Morning Coffee Notes feed...

  • Dave Winer
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 1, 2005
      I think it's cool!
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Richie Carey
      To: podcasters@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:45 AM
      Subject: Re: [podcasters] New address for Morning Coffee Notes feed...

      >I edit the feed in OPML, it's the source for the HTML and RSS versions.

      I've played around with the idea of embedding OPML directly into the ID3v2
      tags of the MP3...that way you could run a script or application against the
      MP3 to pull out the OPML on the fly..

      One reason I like this idea is that it helps to guarantee that you'll always
      have the OPML with the MP3. This way, months or years down the road the show
      notes are still stored safely with the audio...

      Here's a quicky script I developed a while back to demonstrate...
      http://www.careyinternet.com/index.php?p=242

      Any thoughts?

      Richie
      Richie Carey / Web Application Developer
      Website: http://www.RichieCarey.com/
      RSS 2.0: http://www.careyinternet.com/rss2.php
      Voice Mail: 1-206-203-1222 (24 Hrs.)
      Skype Me: callto://richiecarey

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Ryan King
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 1, 2005
        On Mar 1, 2005, at 3:43 PM, Gabe Kangas wrote:

        > Can't we standardize on real programming languages? Libraries for VB,
        > C, Perl, etc would be quite helpful.

        Real languages? I'm not sure what makes UserTalk less of a language.

        -ryan

        http://theryanking.com/