Re: [podcasters] Help with my podcast... please

  • Julian Doncaster (Yahoo1)
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
      You've left the .mp3 extension off the reference to the sound file in the XML.

      Julian

      ---><enclosure url="http://www.itsthezoo.com/zoopodcast1" length="31634000" type="mp3"></enclosure>should be<enclosure url="http://www.itsthezoo.com/zoopodcast1.mp3" length="31634000" type="mp3"></enclosure>

    • Ted
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
        John,
        Try changing your enclosure type to "audio/mpeg"
        -Ted
        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "webcasting1" <john@r...> wrote:

        > OK... Ive got the audio up:
        >
        > http://www.itsthezoo.com/zoopodcast1.mp3
        >
        > I THINK Ive got the XML right:
        >
        > http://www.itsthezoo.com/zoopodcast1.xml
        >
        > I got poddler to 'see' the xml but it wont download the file.
        >
        > Any help would be appreaciated... I wonder whats wrong? I had the
        > feed validated and it says its good... whats next?
        >
        > thanks!
        >
        > John
      • Patrick Cook
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
          Hi everyone:

          At 01:16 AM 3/1/2005, you wrote:

          >OK... Ive got the audio up:
          >
          ><http://www.itsthezoo.com/zoopodcast1.mp3>http://www.itsthezoo.com/zoopodcast1.mp3
          >
          >I THINK Ive got the XML right:

          [snip...]

          >I got poddler to 'see' the xml but it wont download the file.
          >
          >Any help would be appreaciated... I wonder whats wrong? I had the
          >feed validated and it says its good... whats next?

          I'm getting it without a problem at all. Are you sure you didn't put it in
          your Received Podcasts folder BEFORE attempting the download? If so,
          that's probably why iPodder isn't downloading it.

          Next time, try saving your podcasts in some other directory. This way
          iPodder won't think it's already been downloaded.

          Hope this helps :)

          Cheers for now :)

          Patrick Cook
          pchamster@...