iFP-795 vs iFP-790

  • Michael W. Dean
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2007
      Is there any difference besides the color and the storage capacity?
      I'm looking at the specs and not seeing it. If someone else who is,
      unlike me, NOT dyslexic can see a difference, please let me know.

      iFP-795 Specs:
      http://reviews.cnet.com/iRiver_iFP_795/4507-6490_7-30889019.html?tag=sub

      iFP-790 Specs:
      http://reviews.cnet.com/iRiver_iFP_790/4507-6490_7-30888962.html?tag=sub

      Also, does iRiver make a neck-mount recorder anymore, or is it all
      more expensive things that want to be iPods? I have the 790, but
      figure it may wear out someday, and wonder if I should pony up and buy
      a second one while they're still out there used.

      Thank you,

      --MWD
      "Clone The Homeless"
      Michael W. Dean's podcast that remembers when sex was safe and music
      was dangerous. (Free, and no iPod is needed to listen.)
      http://www.clonethehomeless.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 26, 2007
        On 3/26/07, Michael W. Dean <kittyfeet70@...> wrote:
        > Is there any difference besides the color and the storage capacity?

        Nope. The 790, 795, 799, 890, 895 and 899 are all the same player,
        just with different memory amounts and cosmetics. (The 800 series was
        produced with a different look because Best Buy wanted an exclusive
        model.)

        http://www.escapepod.org