Help with my podcast... please

  • webcasting1
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
      OK... Ive got the audio up:

      http://www.itsthezoo.com/zoopodcast1.mp3

      I THINK Ive got the XML right:

      http://www.itsthezoo.com/zoopodcast1.xml

      I got poddler to 'see' the xml but it wont download the file.

      Any help would be appreaciated... I wonder whats wrong? I had the
      feed validated and it says its good... whats next?

      thanks!

      John
    • Julian Doncaster (Yahoo1)
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
        You've left the .mp3 extension off the reference to the sound file in the XML.

        Julian

        ---><enclosure url="http://www.itsthezoo.com/zoopodcast1" length="31634000" type="mp3"></enclosure>should be<enclosure url="http://www.itsthezoo.com/zoopodcast1.mp3" length="31634000" type="mp3"></enclosure>

      • Ted
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
          John,
          Try changing your enclosure type to "audio/mpeg"
          -Ted
          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "webcasting1" <john@r...> wrote:

          > OK... Ive got the audio up:
          >
          > http://www.itsthezoo.com/zoopodcast1.mp3
          >
          > I THINK Ive got the XML right:
          >
          > http://www.itsthezoo.com/zoopodcast1.xml
          >
          > I got poddler to 'see' the xml but it wont download the file.
          >
          > Any help would be appreaciated... I wonder whats wrong? I had the
          > feed validated and it says its good... whats next?
          >
          > thanks!
          >
          > John
        • Patrick Cook
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
            Hi everyone:

            At 01:16 AM 3/1/2005, you wrote:

            >OK... Ive got the audio up:
            >
            ><http://www.itsthezoo.com/zoopodcast1.mp3>http://www.itsthezoo.com/zoopodcast1.mp3
            >
            >I THINK Ive got the XML right:

            [snip...]

            >I got poddler to 'see' the xml but it wont download the file.
            >
            >Any help would be appreaciated... I wonder whats wrong? I had the
            >feed validated and it says its good... whats next?

            I'm getting it without a problem at all. Are you sure you didn't put it in
            your Received Podcasts folder BEFORE attempting the download? If so,
            that's probably why iPodder isn't downloading it.

            Next time, try saving your podcasts in some other directory. This way
            iPodder won't think it's already been downloaded.

            Hope this helps :)

            Cheers for now :)

            Patrick Cook
            pchamster@...