FW: More Podcast News

  • Steve Holden
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 28 8:52 AM
      Originally from Dan Klass (www.thebitterstpill.com):
      http://billboardradiomonitor.com/radiomonitor/news/business/digital/article_
      display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000817371

      Sports podcasts:
      http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/business/technology/10998714.htm?1c

      A "real" press release (via the old model of telling the press what you were
      doing):
      http://i-newswire.com/pr7561.html

      Steve
      www.technewsradio.com
    • Geek News
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 28 9:06 AM
        I know some of you had submitted an interest to be involved in help getting
        ready for the 2005 Podcast Awards www.podcastawards.com I am about ready to
        kick of preliminary work on the project and will be opening up a mailing
        list. I want to put the word out one more time looking for volunteers.

        www.podcastawards.com

      • elle_webb
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 28 12:05 PM
          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Holden" <sholden@p...> wrote:

          > A "real" press release (via the old model of telling the press what
          you were
          > doing):
          > http://i-newswire.com/pr7561.html

          Put your filter on when you see the Aruntz releases. They've been
          putting out release after release with no significant news value. They
          also appeared to be responsible for spamming the Wikipedia entry.
        • jim stewart
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 28 1:07 PM
            Count me in - will there be a balloon animal category?
            Jim Stewart
            jimstewart.net

            On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 07:06:01 -1000, Geek News <geek@...> wrote:

            > I know some of you had submitted an interest to be involved in help getting
            > ready for the 2005 Podcast Awards www.podcastawards.com I am about ready to
            > kick of preliminary work on the project and will be opening up a mailing
            > list. I want to put the word out one more time looking for volunteers.
            >
            > www.podcastawards.com

          • Podcast Awards
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 16, 2005
              The 2005 Peoples Choice Podcast Awards will be kicking off June 15th
              2005 and we are now looking for corporate sponsors. We have already
              received some inquiries but if your company would like to become an
              Award Sponsor please send inquiries to podcastawards@...

              With a limited number sponsor spots available we want to give those of
              you involved in podcasting a chance to become sponsors.

              The 2005 Peoples Choice Podcast Awards Ceremony will be held during
              Podcast Expo (www.podcastexpo.com) November 11th and 12th in Ontario
              California.

              This is an event that could result in National Media Attention for your Company

              podcastawards@...
              www.podcastawards.com
            • Patrick Cook
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 17, 2005
                Hi everyone:

                At 12:03 AM 3/17/2005, you wrote:
                >The 2005 Peoples Choice Podcast Awards will be kicking off June 15th
                >2005 and we are now looking for corporate sponsors. We have already
                >received some inquiries but if your company would like to become an
                >Award Sponsor please send inquiries to podcastawards@...

                [snip...]

                >This is an event that could result in National Media Attention for your
                >Company

                I'm assuming that INDIVIDUAL podcasters are eligible for this award
                too. Am I correct?

                I ask this because virtually 99% of ALL podcasters are NOT companies.

                Cheers for now :)

                Patrick Cook
                pchamster@...
                kpdcnettv@...
                Denver, Colorado
                http://kpdcnettv.tripod.com/blog.html
                http://kpdcnettv.tripod.com/blog/
                SKYPE ME @ patspodcast(NEW!!)
                TEXT RSS Feed - http://kpdcnettv.tripod.com/blog/rss.xml
                PODCAST RSS Feed -
                http://jeeperone.tripod.com/blog/podcasts/patspodcast/rss.xml
                The Pat Cook Show Podcast Edition -
                http://jeeperone.tripod.com/blog/podcasts/patcookshow/rss.xml
                PAT'S VIDEO BLOG RSS FEED -
                http://jeeperone.tripod.com/blog/videoblog/mp4/rss.xml (FINALLY
                AT LAST!!)

              • Evo Terra
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 17, 2005
                  Patrick Cook wrote:
                  > [regarding the PodcastAwards]
                  > I'm assuming that INDIVIDUAL podcasters are eligible for this award
                  > too. Am I correct?
                  >
                  > I ask this because virtually 99% of ALL podcasters are NOT companies.

                  You might want to go back and re-read the original post here, Pat. They
                  are looking for *SPONSORS* for the event. Those SPONSORS will get
                  national exposure, just like sponsors of the Olympics, Academy Awards
                  and any other similar program.

                  Sponsors do not receive the award, they... sponsor the event.

                  E.

                  Evo Terra

                  The Dragon Page
                  Sci-Fi/Fantasy talk for a new generation...
                  http://dragonpage.com
                • Harold J. Johnson
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 17, 2005
                    Speaking of Awards presentations, do you know if the 2005 Live365
                    Broadcaster Awards list of nominees is available yet, Patrick?

                    Harold J. Johnson
                    http://audioblogs.info
                  • Harold J. Johnson
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 17, 2005
                      Jay Leno interviewed Clint Eastwood recently; they chatted about the
                      Academy Awards. My girlfriend watched this interview and told me
                      Eastwood said that winners are alerted that they have won on the
                      morning of the show.

                      Now I'm not so invested in the Oscars to be too disturbed by this, but
                      still, it bothers me a tiny bit. It's a given that many awards
                      presentations are superficial, but are we really being duped to the
                      extent that we're now watching actors completely affect their
                      surprise? Has the manipulation gone that far?

                      Oh, by the way, will someone nominate my podcast(s) once these Podcast
                      Awards roll in? I'd do it myself but I want to trick myself into
                      thinking I deserve to be nominated. ;)
                    • Patrick Cook
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 17, 2005
                        Hi everyone:

                        At 03:57 PM 3/17/2005, you wrote:

                        >Speaking of Awards presentations, do you know if the 2005 Live365
                        >Broadcaster Awards list of nominees is available yet, Patrick?

                        According to Kieran McCann & the crew at The LunaticRadio.com Show, it'll
                        be released this week. :) Beyond that, that's all I know.

                        Cheers for now :)

                        Patrick (Who's attempting to rebuild his podcast RSS Feeds :) )