Re: [podcasters] Re: The recording room and condenser vs. dynamic

  • Evo Terra
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 2, 2007
      Paul Puri wrote:
      > Uhh, the Tardis would be a horrible place to record. Bigger on the inside
      > ring a bell?
      >
      > The acoustics would be like a great big hall.

      In the main control room, sure. But what about that never ending
      wardrobe? Or the numerous additional rooms from back in the 80's? Surely
      one of those *must* have some sound absorbing characteristics.

      I'm not a scifi geek. Really I'm not.

      E.

      --
      Evo Terra | Podiobooks.com
      Free serialized audio books, delivered on your schedule.
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 2, 2007
        On 3/2/07, Evo Terra <evo@...> wrote:

        > In the main control room, sure. But what about that never ending
        > wardrobe? Or the numerous additional rooms from back in the 80's? Surely
        > one of those *must* have some sound absorbing characteristics.
        >
        > I'm not a scifi geek. Really I'm not.

        Oh sure. Start recording in the wardrobe, and next thing you know the
        cloister bell rings, and you gotta start all over. Or worse yet, something
        goes haywire and you end up on a planet that hates podcasting. No thanks.
        I'll stick to my studio at home!

        Paul Puri
        A Nice Place to Podcast! Podmotel BETA
        http://podmotel.com

        My gear recommendations:
        http://podsafegear.com

        Listen to Podcasts. No iPod necessary!
        The Podcast Guild Planning Committee.
        http://podcastguild.com/

        Promotion without shame.
        Podcasting Announcements

      • Flyswatter
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 2, 2007
          On 3/2/07, Paul Puri <paulpuri@...> wrote:

          > On 3/2/07, Evo Terra <evo@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > In the main control room, sure. But what about that never ending
          > > wardrobe? Or the numerous additional rooms from back in the 80's? Surely
          > > one of those *must* have some sound absorbing characteristics.
          > >
          > > I'm not a scifi geek. Really I'm not.
          >
          > Oh sure. Start recording in the wardrobe, and next thing you know the
          > cloister bell rings, and you gotta start all over. Or worse yet, something
          > goes haywire and you end up on a planet that hates podcasting. No thanks.
          > I'll stick to my studio at home!

          The geekitude! It burns! How it burns!

          Laura Ross

          The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
          http://coffeeandteashow.com
          Listener hotline: 206-338-6194
          coffeeandteashow@...

          Rocky Horror Pod Show
          http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
          Listener hotline: 206-888-4991 (note new number)
          rockypod@...
        • David Smith
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 2, 2007
            It was 2 Mar 2007, when Paul Puri commented:

            > On 3/2/07, David Smith <dbsmith@...> wrote:
            > >

            > > <DR_WHO_REFERENCE>
            > >
            > > Maybe more like a Tardis?
            > >
            > > </DR_WHO_REFERENCE>
            >

            > Uhh, the Tardis would be a horrible place to record. Bigger on the inside
            > ring a bell?
            >
            > The acoustics would be like a great big hall.
            >
            > ;>)

            So you could maybe do an opera podcast?

            --
            Grizzly <grizzly at grizzly.podzone.org>