Re: [podcasters] Re: The recording room and condenser vs. dynamic

  • David Smith
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 2 5:34 PM
      It was 1 Mar 2007, when Michael W. Dean commented:

      > And here's more:
      > http://www.casadellama.com/podpix/pod1.htm
      >

      > If you don't have an entire room to spare, you can do the same thing
      > with a closet. Think of it as a phone booth for calling the world.

      <DR_WHO_REFERENCE>

      Maybe more like a Tardis?

      </DR_WHO_REFERENCE>

      --
      Grizzly <grizzly at grizzly.podzone.org>
      Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 2 7:06 PM
        On 3/2/07, David Smith <dbsmith@...> wrote:

        > <DR_WHO_REFERENCE>
        >
        > Maybe more like a Tardis?
        >
        > </DR_WHO_REFERENCE>

        Uhh, the Tardis would be a horrible place to record. Bigger on the inside
        ring a bell?

        The acoustics would be like a great big hall.

        ;>)

        Paul Puri
        A Nice Place to Podcast! Podmotel BETA
        http://podmotel.com

        My gear recommendations:
        http://podsafegear.com

        Listen to Podcasts. No iPod necessary!
        The Podcast Guild Planning Committee.
        http://podcastguild.com/

        Promotion without shame.
        Podcasting Announcements

      • Evo Terra
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 2 7:27 PM
          Paul Puri wrote:
          > Uhh, the Tardis would be a horrible place to record. Bigger on the inside
          > ring a bell?
          >
          > The acoustics would be like a great big hall.

          In the main control room, sure. But what about that never ending
          wardrobe? Or the numerous additional rooms from back in the 80's? Surely
          one of those *must* have some sound absorbing characteristics.

          I'm not a scifi geek. Really I'm not.

          E.

          --
          Evo Terra | Podiobooks.com
          Free serialized audio books, delivered on your schedule.
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 2 7:35 PM
            On 3/2/07, Evo Terra <evo@...> wrote:

            > In the main control room, sure. But what about that never ending
            > wardrobe? Or the numerous additional rooms from back in the 80's? Surely
            > one of those *must* have some sound absorbing characteristics.
            >
            > I'm not a scifi geek. Really I'm not.

            Oh sure. Start recording in the wardrobe, and next thing you know the
            cloister bell rings, and you gotta start all over. Or worse yet, something
            goes haywire and you end up on a planet that hates podcasting. No thanks.
            I'll stick to my studio at home!

            Paul Puri
            A Nice Place to Podcast! Podmotel BETA
            http://podmotel.com

            My gear recommendations:
            http://podsafegear.com

            Listen to Podcasts. No iPod necessary!
            The Podcast Guild Planning Committee.
            http://podcastguild.com/

            Promotion without shame.
            Podcasting Announcements

          • Flyswatter
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 2 8:22 PM
              On 3/2/07, Paul Puri <paulpuri@...> wrote:

              > On 3/2/07, Evo Terra <evo@...> wrote:
              > >

              > > In the main control room, sure. But what about that never ending
              > > wardrobe? Or the numerous additional rooms from back in the 80's? Surely
              > > one of those *must* have some sound absorbing characteristics.
              > >
              > > I'm not a scifi geek. Really I'm not.
              >
              > Oh sure. Start recording in the wardrobe, and next thing you know the
              > cloister bell rings, and you gotta start all over. Or worse yet, something
              > goes haywire and you end up on a planet that hates podcasting. No thanks.
              > I'll stick to my studio at home!

              The geekitude! It burns! How it burns!

              Laura Ross

              The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
              http://coffeeandteashow.com
              Listener hotline: 206-338-6194
              coffeeandteashow@...

              Rocky Horror Pod Show
              http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
              Listener hotline: 206-888-4991 (note new number)
              rockypod@...
            • David Smith
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 2 8:52 PM
                It was 2 Mar 2007, when Paul Puri commented:

                > On 3/2/07, David Smith <dbsmith@...> wrote:
                > >

                > > <DR_WHO_REFERENCE>
                > >
                > > Maybe more like a Tardis?
                > >
                > > </DR_WHO_REFERENCE>
                >

                > Uhh, the Tardis would be a horrible place to record. Bigger on the inside
                > ring a bell?
                >
                > The acoustics would be like a great big hall.
                >
                > ;>)

                So you could maybe do an opera podcast?