Re: [podcasters] Universal clipboard app?

  • David Smith
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2007
      It was 1 Mar 2007, when Michael W. Dean commented:

      > Does anyone know of a program for PCs that will add an option when you
      > right click to paste pre-determined blocks of text? This would be very
      > useful to me, there's a ton of things that I find myself typing over and
      > over and over (different sig lines, URLs, names of projects, people's
      > names, addresses, etc.) The program would need to be able to give me
      > choices of different pre-set entries.
      >
      > I know that there is a function for auto-complete in Word, but I'm
      > looking for something that would work in Word, e-mail, web forums, etc.

      Not a recommendation, just a suggestion. When I was still studying
      Medical Transcription, there were several programs that were suggested
      for, basically, macros. You type two or three characters and get words or
      paragraphs you've previously associated there with. E.G., this free
      program, quoting from their help file:

      <quote>

      Speed Typing is a unique word processing utility that can do miracles. For
      example you can write a long letter by entering only one word. How is it
      possible? Simple. You can place over 100 000 letters, standard phrases,
      signatures, email addresses, frequently used sentences, URLs, phone
      numbers, and hieroglyphs in the Speed Typing┬┤s database; when needed, you
      can recall any information from the database just by typing a keyword in
      any place where it is possible to type words. This amazing program will
      work with any text editor.

      Examples:
      We enter: hwd
      We get: Have a wonderful day!

      We entered one word only, but got 3 words typed!

      </quote>

      It appears the website for same is http://www.colorpilot.com I think
      there was a better/more popular option, but danged if I can remember it.

      --
      Grizzly <grizzly at grizzly.podzone.org>
      Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>