Public Radio Talent Quest

  • Jesse Thorn
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2007
      As many of you know, my podcast is also a public radio show. The
      world of public radio has been working very hard to stay ahead of the
      technology curve, particularly since expanding channels for
      programming means expanded opportunities for public service.

      One of the aspects of this is a big-money grant from the Corporation
      for Public Broadcasting to fund a search for new public radio talent.
      The CPB gave a pile of money to two public radio organizations to do
      this. One of them, PRX (aka The Public Radio Exchange), is doing
      their search online.

      Here is the site:
      http://www.publicradioquest.com/

      They're giving away $70K and genuinely looking for new voices. I know
      many of the judges and they are good people who are very active in
      diversifying public radio in every way.

      I think everyone here would benefit by entering this thing.

      Jesse
      The Sound of Young America
      http://www.maximumfun.org
      Message 2 of 9 , May 13 11:07 PM
        Hi all,

        For those who intended to enter this but haven't yet (and if you don't
        intend to, why not?), the deadline for the Public Radio Talent Quest
        is in about 24 hours:

        http://www.publicradioquest.com/

        For those who *have* entered, does anyone have any objection to
        sharing links so we can review and vote on each others' work? Here's
        mine, in a rather different direction than my typical podcast
        material:

        http://www.publicradioquest.com/node/1390

        http://www.escapepod.org
      • Mur Lafferty
        Message 3 of 9 , May 14 4:13 AM
          Good idea, Steve. I liked your entry a lot.

          My last minute attempt: http://www.publicradioquest.com/node/1302

          Mur

          > Hi all,
          >
          > For those who intended to enter this but haven't yet (and if you don't
          > intend to, why not?), the deadline for the Public Radio Talent Quest
          > is in about 24 hours:
          >
          > http://www.publicradioquest.com/
          >
          > For those who *have* entered, does anyone have any objection to
          > sharing links so we can review and vote on each others' work? Here's
          > mine, in a rather different direction than my typical podcast
          > material:
          >
          > http://www.publicradioquest.com/node/1390
          >

          > --
          > Have Fun,
          > Steve Eley (sfeley@...)
          > http://www.escapepod.org

          ~~~
          Mur Lafferty
          co-author with Rob Walch of Tricks of the Podcasting Masters
          http://www.murlafferty.com
          http://www.geekfuactiongrip.com
          http://www.ishouldbewriting.com
          http://www.pseudopod.org

        • Ed Smith
          Message 4 of 9 , May 14 7:09 AM
            Hi Stephen, nice work, this is exciting. For those interested in the
            "success/motivation" genere of talk radio, here is mine;
            http://www.publicradioquest.com/node/383. It has a focus on quick results,
            not just theory. OK, thanks, Ed.

            > Hi all,
            >
            > For those who intended to enter this but haven't yet (and if you don't
            > intend to, why not?), the deadline for the Public Radio Talent Quest
            > is in about 24 hours:
            >
            > http://www.publicradioquest.com/
            >
            > For those who *have* entered, does anyone have any objection to
            > sharing links so we can review and vote on each others' work? Here's
            > mine, in a rather different direction than my typical podcast
            > material:
            >
            > http://www.publicradioquest.com/node/1390
            >

            > --
            > Have Fun,
            > Steve Eley (sfeley@...)
            > http://www.escapepod.org

          • G
            Message 5 of 9 , May 14 8:23 AM
              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Eley" <SFEley@...> wrote:

              > For those who *have* entered, does anyone have any objection to
              > sharing links so we can review and vote on each others' work?

              Sounds great! Here's mine, well...Dr. Floyd's entry...

              http://www.publicradioquest.com/node/1151

              Grant
              www.DoctorFloyd.com
            • Michael W. Dean
              Message 6 of 9 , May 14 3:37 PM
                Very cool thing, thank you Steve!

                My entry, slipped in six hours before the deadline, is here:

                http://www.publicradioquest.com/node/1597

                ("Reflections of a punk rocker growing older, and loving it")

                --Michael W. Dean
              • Miranda Thomas
                Message 7 of 9 , May 14 9:01 PM
                  Yeppers, I finally finished up today.. I was number 1722 so I bet there ends
                  up being over 2000.

                  Here is the direct link to me:

                  http://www.publicradioquest.com/node/1722

                  --
                  "Don't insult me, I have trained professionals to do that." Senatorial
                  Candidate Nathan Petrelli, Heroes
                • Mike
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 14 10:09 PM
                    Wow... I love your voice. What is your podcast? I wanna subscribe...

                    On 5/14/07, Miranda Thomas <spygrl@...> wrote:

                    > Yeppers, I finally finished up today.. I was number 1722 so I bet there
                    > ends
                    > up being over 2000.
                    >
                    > Here is the direct link to me:
                    >
                    > http://www.publicradioquest.com/node/1722
                    >

                    > On 5/14/07, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi all,
                    > >
                    > > For those who intended to enter this but haven't yet (and if you don't
                    > > intend to, why not?), the deadline for the Public Radio Talent Quest
                    > > is in about 24 hours:
                    > >
                    > > http://www.publicradioquest.com/
                    > >
                    > > For those who *have* entered, does anyone have any objection to
                    > > sharing links so we can review and vote on each others' work? Here's
                    > > mine, in a rather different direction than my typical podcast
                    > > material:
                    > >
                    > > http://www.publicradioquest.com/node/1390
                    > >
                    > > --
                    > > Have Fun,
                    > > Steve Eley (sfeley@... <sfeley%40gmail.com>)
                    > > ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine
                    > > http://www.escapepod.org
                    > >

                    > --
                    > "Don't insult me, I have trained professionals to do that." Senatorial
                    > Candidate Nathan Petrelli, Heroes

                    Mike Wills
                    http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikewills
                    Blog - http://mikewills.name
                    Podcasts - http://podcastmike.com

                  • Miranda Thomas
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 14 10:27 PM
                      aww Thanks so much for the compliment.

                      Which would you like to listen to... here are the ones I contribute to
                      regularly.

                      www.heroescast.com Co-host
                      www.fireflytalk.com Co-host
                      www.serenityfirefly.com Voice Talent