Q: Setting up a second feed in Libsyn

  • Miranda Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2007
      Hi yall.

      I am hoping this is something that I can do fairly easily. Right now I
      simple post to my libsyn blog and it adds my files to my feed. I know that
      there is a way to add a second feed out of your account, but how is that
      done?

      Thanks!

      Miranda

    • Steve from Extra Points
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2007
        Miranda,

        You can subset your feeds by post category, by adding the category
        to the end of your feed URL. For example, if your main feed is
        http://yourpodcast.libsyn.com/rss then you can create a feed of just
        podcast episodes by giving out
        http://yourpodcast.libsyn.com/rss/podcasts .

        However, if you're already using the main feed and want to create a
        completely separate feed of items that won't show up in the current
        feed, I don't think Libsyn will let you do that. You'll either need
        to change the first feed address that you've given out or create a
        second Libsyn account.

        -Steve
        http://www.extra-points.com
        http://www.wickedgoodpodcast.com

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Miranda Thomas" <spygrl@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi yall.
        >
        > I am hoping this is something that I can do fairly easily. Right
        now I
        > simple post to my libsyn blog and it adds my files to my feed. I
        know that
        > there is a way to add a second feed out of your account, but how
        is that
        > done?
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Miranda

      • Jason Thomas
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 28, 2007
          That's cool to know! Thanks Steven you get some extra, extra, point with this one.

          The Half Show with Me-saj & Jason
          YOUR INTERNET ENTERTAINMENT SOURCE FOR NEW TALENT

          SUBSCRIBE HERE :
          CALL THE HOTLINE and be on the Show: 206-600-HALF or (206-600-4253)
          http//:www.thehalfshow.libsyn.com
          http//:www.thehalfshow.com