Re: Question for Garageband + K7 users

  • jchutchinswriter
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Crossman <kevin@...> wrote:
      > Currently I am ripping the audio to mp3 with Audio Hijack Pro but
      > that seems like an extra step I shouldn't have to take. Thanks in
      > advance.

      Kevin,

      There is a fairly easy way to convert those K7 wavs into GB-friendly
      AIFs using iTunes ... but I've found using Hijack Pro produces
      better-sounding results.

      You can convert those WAVs in iTunes by changing your "import to AIFF"
      settings to Custom, sample rate 16.000 kHz (I THINK...it's been a
      while), and then importing the converted AIFF into GB.

      However, I've found this produces scratchy, crappy audio. I prefer
      using Audio Hijack. I save the hijacked audio as a high-bit MP3, and
      import to GB. Yes, the step is a little time-consuming, but I've been
      very pleased with the results.

      --J.C. Hutchins
      "7th Son" podcast novel trilogy
      www.jchutchins.net
    • Andy Bilodeau
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
        On 2/28/07, dcolanduno <dcolanduno@...> wrote:

        > Speaking of K7...
        >
        > Is there a good way to get back your password to setup your settings
        > and such again? I need to move the e-mail to where it sends my
        > messages now since I moved to my new server system and the old email
        > it sent from isn't there anymore. :|
        >
        > D.

        Hey Derek,

        Unless you know that 4 digit pin...your pretty much hosed. I just went
        to the k7.net site http://voicemail.k7.net/ ...if you know your k7
        phone # and pin your golden..otherwise, you could try contacting k7
        support...but I suspect they don't have a lot of time for the
        freebies....but you never know.

        Good luck!

        --
        Andy Bilodeau
        PodCaster

        The AndyCast PodCast
        You'll laugh 'til you stop!
        http://www.andycast.net
        Skype : andybilodeau
      • Jason Thomas
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
          If you have Quick time pro you can export it as an .aiff file.

          The Half Show with Me-saj & Jason
          YOUR INTERNET ENTERTAINMENT SOURCE FOR NEW TALENT

          SUBSCRIBE HERE :
          CALL THE HOTLINE and be on the Show: 206-600-HALF or (206-600-4253)
          http//:www.thehalfshow.libsyn.com
          http//:www.thehalfshow.com

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
            Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like it's a two-step process
            regardless (until Garageband 4 supports these files directly, I
            hope). Nice to know Audio Hijack provides the best quality too.

            -Kevin

            Kevin Crossman
            The Frat Pack Tribute: Saluting Hollywood's Comedy Clique
            Listen to our Podcast
            www.fratpackpodcast.com

            On Feb 28, 2007, at 12:14 AM, Kevin Crossman wrote:

            > For those mixing in Garageband, what are you doing with the wav files
            > that come in from K7.net? Garageband chokes on it because it isn't
            > in an 8 bit format. How do you get those voice messages into
            > Garageband.
            >
            > Currently I am ripping the audio to mp3 with Audio Hijack Pro but
            > that seems like an extra step I shouldn't have to take. Thanks in
            > advance.
            >
            > -Kevin
            >
            > Kevin Crossman
            > The Frat Pack Tribute: Saluting Hollywood's Comedy Clique
            > www.the-frat-pack.com
            > Listen to our Podcast at www.fratpackpodcast.com

          • dcolanduno
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
              <sigh>

              I have my orginal email with my login and passcode... I can even call
              my number and get MY greeting and give myself a message. But, unless
              I can get into the damn control panel it seems that I am FUBAR. It is
              obvious that the number wasn't shut down, but when I try to login
              with the orginal login and password it tells me no dice...

              So, here goes nothing with the support on a free service! :|

              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Bilodeau" <andycast@...>