Of APIs and autosubmissions

  • Evo Terra
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26, 2007
      Group,

      I'm looking for a comprehensive list, or to build a list, of submission
      links and APIs for various directories.

      No, not a list of the places to submit a podcast, but a series of links
      that take you to the submission spot, hopefully with some or all of the
      information available.

      Allow me to explain.

      To submit a podcast to iTunes, you follow this link:

      https://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/publishPodcast

      That's better than just telling someone to go to iTunes, but doesn't
      pre-populate the entry fields.

      To submit a podcast to Popcurrent, you follow this link:

      http://popcurrent.com/submit?url=[url]&title=[title]

      Which is loads better, even though you still have to fill out some data
      fields.

      Digg *looks* like it should be easy, as I figured that this is the
      format the URL should take:

      http://digg.com/podcasts-add?url=[url]

      but it doesn't, so I assume there is some sort of session ID being held
      and passed somewhere other than in the URL.

      Oh, and did I mention I'm not a coder? Nope. Total hack.

      Anyhow... that's what I'm looking for. A big old list of direct links
      for submission and *hopefully* what parameters they'll accept.

      Who wants to help?

      E.
      --
      Evo Terra | Podiobooks.com
      Free serialized audio books, delivered on your schedule.
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 27, 2007
        As we figure these out, we should add them to the wiki (
        http://podcasterwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page).

        On 2/26/07, Evo Terra <evo@...> wrote:

        > Group,
        >
        > I'm looking for a comprehensive list, or to build a list, of submission
        > links and APIs for various directories.
        >
        > No, not a list of the places to submit a podcast, but a series of links
        > that take you to the submission spot, hopefully with some or all of the
        > information available.
        >
        > Allow me to explain.
        >
        > To submit a podcast to iTunes, you follow this link:
        >
        > https://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/publishPodcast
        >
        > That's better than just telling someone to go to iTunes, but doesn't
        > pre-populate the entry fields.
        >
        > To submit a podcast to Popcurrent, you follow this link:
        >
        > http://popcurrent.com/submit?url=[url]&title=[title]
        >
        > Which is loads better, even though you still have to fill out some data
        > fields.
        >
        > Digg *looks* like it should be easy, as I figured that this is the
        > format the URL should take:
        >
        > http://digg.com/podcasts-add?url=[url]
        >
        > but it doesn't, so I assume there is some sort of session ID being held
        > and passed somewhere other than in the URL.
        >
        > Oh, and did I mention I'm not a coder? Nope. Total hack.
        >
        > Anyhow... that's what I'm looking for. A big old list of direct links
        > for submission and *hopefully* what parameters they'll accept.
        >
        > Who wants to help?
        >
        > E.
        > --
        > Evo Terra | Podiobooks.com
        > Free serialized audio books, delivered on your schedule.

        Mike Wills
        http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikewills
        Blog - http://mikewills.name
        Podcasts - http://podcastmike.com

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 27, 2007
          Or this one http://podcasterswiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

          On 2/27/07, Mike <koldark@...> wrote:

          > As we figure these out, we should add them to the wiki (
          > http://podcasterwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page). <http://mikewills.name>
          > Podcasts - http://podcastmike.com

          Two Wikis one letter apart in the domain name? Can't we merge these two?

          --
          Mike Wills
          http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikewills
          Blog - http://mikewills.name
          Podcasts - http://podcastmike.com

        • Paul Puri
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 27, 2007
            On 2/27/07, Mike <koldark@...> wrote:

            > Two Wikis one letter apart in the domain name? Can't we merge these two?

            Well, the group had started podcasterswiki.com some time ago, and even
            though there is a lot of work to be done, it stills has much more info than
            the new one. The new one was put up by Gary from Podcast Pickle, and while I
            know his heart is in the right place, it can cause confusion. Gary's wiki I
            believe was put up for the fine folks that use Podcast Pickle. Ours was
            meant to be maintained by podcasters all over the world. I don't know if he
            is around to chime in on this, but that is the intention of
            www.podcasterswiki.com.

            Paul Puri
            A Nice Place to Podcast! Podmotel BETA
            http://podmotel.com

            My gear recommendations:
            http://podsafegear.com

            Listen to Podcasts. No iPod necessary!
            The Podcast Guild Planning Committee.
            http://podcastguild.com/

            Promotion without shame.
            Podcasting Announcements

          • MissPeter
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 28, 2007
              On 2/27/07, Paul Puri <paulpuri@...> wrote:
              >The new one was put up by Gary from Podcast Pickle, and while I
              > know his heart is in the right place, it can cause confusion. Gary's wiki I
              > believe was put up for the fine folks that use Podcast Pickle. Ours was
              > meant to be maintained by podcasters all over the world. I don't know if he
              > is around to chime in on this, but that is the intention of
              > www.podcasterswiki.com.

              From what I remember reading on the Pickle, the new wiki was meant to
              feature individual shows since everyone was getting bounced out of
              Wikipedia.

              http://www.musicNerve.com - strange music for strange people

              http://digg.com/podcasts/musicNerve_com_strange_music_for_strange_people