Mixer Help !?!?

  • Jason Thomas
    Message 1 of 43 , Feb 23, 2007
      We're in the market for a good mixer. As of now we are running two mics through a spliter into a pre-amp and I can't adjust sound without effecting both mics. Does anybody have any ideas. We are look for something in the 100-200$ or cheaper price range. Thanks in advance guys.

      The Half Show with Me-saj & Jason
      YOUR INTERNET ENTERTAINMENT SOURCE FOR NEW TALENT

      SUBSCRIBE HERE :
      CALL THE HOTLINE and be on the Show: 206-600-HALF or (206-600-4253)
      http//:www.thehalfshow.libsyn.com
      http//:www.thehalfshow.com

    • Michael W. Dean
      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 28, 2007
        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Eley" <SFEley@...> wrote:

        > On 2/27/07, Dave Shepherd <shepdave@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I tried to use it with the send/return once, before truly reading the
        > > manual, and realized that this was happening. I didn't get a clean
        > > compression effect. It just sounded bad--I couldn't tell it was
        compressed.
        > > It's not slapback echo we're trying to mix back into a portion of
        the "dry"
        > > signal. You're trying to compress the whole signal when you compress.
        >
        > I know the theory, Dave. Did you have the send and return both at
        > 100%? Exactly *what did you try*?
        >
        > I'm pressing the question because I'm trying to educate people, and I
        > have some content on this subject going out on Friday, and if my
        > information is wrong I need to know it. I'm really hoping you can
        > share some specifics with me so that I can verify what you're saying.
        >

        > > As somebody who listens to audio podcasts almost exclusively in
        the car, I
        > > really, REALLY wish more podcasters would explore the joys of audio
        > > compression, whether software or hardware.
        >
        > Agreed. I know the theory, Dave. I don't think anyone here was
        > questioning the merits of compression.
        >
        > I disagree, however, that a mixer with inserts is the *only* way to
        > chain in a hardware compressor. I can think of at least three more
        > ways, two of which I'm about to release a podcast about. You're
        > telling me that one of those ways doesn't work, based on experience,
        > and I'm prepared to believe you, but I need to know more. Not about
        > how wonderful compression is, but about *what you did*.
        >
        > Are you willing to share this information for the benefit of other
        > podcasters? I for one would appreciate it very much.
        >

        > --
        > Have Fun,
        > Steve Eley (sfeley@...)
        > http://www.escapepod.org