Re: [podcasters] Obtaining new listeners

  • LARRY WANGER
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 22, 2007
      Most people I talk with are clueless about podcasting and I don't see Podshow or others helping to educate the public about it. My experience, based on my listening to a seminar from PPME last fall and, more importantly, my own show, is that people listen on their computer by clicking a listen button and that this is nothing more than delivering audio/video via the net in the traditional sense. People don't get feeds, they don't get podcatchers and they don't get subscribing. I have not found anyone that seemingly is able to meet Joe and Jane sixpack where they are in terms of computer knowledge and awareness. I don't even call my show a podcast now because more than a few people said they didn't think they could listen because they didn't have an iPod.

      Visit DisabilityNation at http://www.disabilitynation.net