Media Enclosure problem

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2007
      Hey all,

      I've been wrestling with this problem for about two weeks now. I've
      tried seeking help in the Feedburner forums, in the Blogger Help
      Group, and with MyDataBus support and have come up empty on all counts.

      I have 12 previous podcasts stored on MyDataBus that are now returning
      the following error in Feedburner's Podmedic:

      Link:
      http://www.mydatabus.com/public/qcastct/z/QCC_43_In_Sync_With_Patti.mp3
      Media enclosure not created because: The URL was unavailable or
      FeedBurner could not receive a response within 10 seconds.

      The above is just an example of one of the 12 files... the entire
      problem comprises my podcast's episodes #33-44, inclusive. These
      episodes download with no problem from Podmedic (and no problem from
      my website either), but of course the episodes will not show up now on
      iTunes or other such directories and aggregators.

      Up until the weekend before last, the media enclosures had been
      created with no problem and my feed was all well and good. So until
      this point, MyDataBus was a perfectly valid and working storage method
      for my podcast.

      However, also over that weekend, MyDataBus reported a glitch on its
      return of file types, but that has since been fixed. After pinging and
      re-synching my feed, I still get the same error.

      Also over the same weekend (talk about lousy timing), I was forced to
      upgrade Blogger.

      I contacted MyDataBus and explained the situation, and tech guy Carl
      (who has been super-helpful) told me that after researching the issue,
      they could not come up a reason on their end that would cause
      Feedburner to provide the error message. They also reported that the
      MIME file type was being reported to Feedburner correctly (as
      audio/mpeg).

      I have not gotten any response from either the Feedburner or Blogger
      forums.

      So, I'm now reaching out to y'all to hopefully have some ideas or help
      me see something I'm missing. I have no idea if the problem is at
      Feeburner, MyDataBus, or Blogger. It's driving me nuts!

      I have since switched from MyDataBus to Libsyn, and can eventually
      move those 12 episodes if necessary, but I'd like to try to solve this
      issue if possible first and leave everything where it is, especially
      since it will re-sort all of my episodes, give them new post dates, etc.

      Many thanks!
      Michael
      QCast Connecticut
      http://qcastct.blogspot.com