Re: [podcasters] Re: How do I change my "Category" in iTunes

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 22, 2007
      On 2/22/07, mbritt1216 <michaelbritt@...> wrote:

      > I thought maybe the word
      > "psychology" had to be in my title, but I see podcasts that come up
      > from this search and they don't have psychology at all in their
      > titles. So I guess the question is: how do I get my podcast to come
      > up when a user types in the word "Psychology"?

      There's also an <itunes:keywords> field -- try that. I don't know for
      sure, but I believe the search results take into account your title,
      keywords, the text of your RSS feed items, and (the big and
      frustrating one) the popularity of your podcast.

      Just keep working at it, and make sure all your episodes are tagged
      and described properly in your show notes, and it should show up.

      > Appreciate any help anyone can give on this. By the way Steve: I love
      > the banner you have on your site. Did you create that? I need a
      > banner as eye catching as yours. Give me the name of your graphic
      > designer!

      Thanks. His name is Doug Triggs, and you can reach him at:
      douglas@...

      He also did the banner for SFFAudio (http://www.sffaudio.com), by the way.

      http://www.escapepod.org