New member

  • Julie Holm
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 6, 2007
      I just joined this group and am looking forward to the conversation.
      My husband and I have been podcasting a bit short of a year (our one
      year anniversary will be mid March).

      Our show is a soundseeing show, with the emphasis on walking tours in
      the Washington DC area, Washington TravelCast.

      You can find us at

      http://www.washingtontravelcast.com

      Julie
    • Kevin Bachelder
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 6, 2007
        Welcome to the group Julie.

        Kevin

        --
        If you're a fan of Farscape or Firefly then you'll enjoy listening to
        the award winning podcasts...

        The ScapeCast
        http://www.scapecast.org

        The Signal
        http://www.serenityfirefly.com

        Firefly Talk
        http://www.fireflytalk.com

        On 2/6/07, Julie Holm <julie_holm@...> wrote:

        > I just joined this group and am looking forward to the conversation.
        > My husband and I have been podcasting a bit short of a year (our one
        > year anniversary will be mid March).
        >
        > Our show is a soundseeing show, with the emphasis on walking tours in
        > the Washington DC area, Washington TravelCast.
        >
        > You can find us at
        >
        > http://www.washingtontravelcast.com
        >
        > Julie

      • Flyswatter
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 6, 2007
          Sounds like a great show as well as fun outings with your husband! I
          find that now that I podcast with my husband sometimes we talk more!
          It's a great side benefit that we didn't expect.

          Laura

          > On 2/6/07, Julie Holm <julie_holm@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > I just joined this group and am looking forward to the conversation.
          > > My husband and I have been podcasting a bit short of a year (our one
          > > year anniversary will be mid March).
          > >
          > > Our show is a soundseeing show, with the emphasis on walking tours in
          > > the Washington DC area, Washington TravelCast.

          Laura Ross

          The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
          http://coffeeandteashow.com
          Listener hotline: 206-338-6194
          coffeeandteashow@...

          Rocky Horror Pod Show
          http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
          Listener hotline: 206-888-4991 (note new number)
          rockypod@...
        • Andy Bilodeau
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 6, 2007
            On 2/6/07, Julie Holm <julie_holm@...> wrote:

            > I just joined this group and am looking forward to the conversation.
            > My husband and I have been podcasting a bit short of a year (our one
            > year anniversary will be mid March).
            >
            > Our show is a soundseeing show, with the emphasis on walking tours in
            > the Washington DC area, Washington TravelCast.
            >
            > You can find us at
            >
            > http://www.washingtontravelcast.com
            >
            > Julie

            Hello Julie and welcome to the group.

            I too live in the DC area and will be checking out your podcast to
            find new place to
            bring visitors.

            I have found that the best way to experience this group, is to jump right in!

            Enjoy!

            --
            Andy Bilodeau
            PodCaster

            The AndyCast PodCast
            You'll laugh 'til you stop!
            http://www.andycast.net
            Skype : andybilodeau
          • Cynthia Armistead
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 6, 2007
              Julie Holm wrote:
              > I just joined this group and am looking forward to the conversation.
              > My husband and I have been podcasting a bit short of a year (our one
              > year anniversary will be mid March).
              >
              > Our show is a soundseeing show, with the emphasis on walking tours in
              > the Washington DC area, Washington TravelCast.
              >
              > You can find us at
              >
              > http://www.washingtontravelcast.com

              Welcome, Julie! I mostly lurk, as I haven't done an episode of my own
              show in quite a while. There's lots of knowledge tossed around here!

              Namaste,
              Cyn

              cyn@...
              http://www.technomom.com/ - main site
              http://www.fibrantliving.com/ - podcast
              http://technomom.livejournal.com/ - LJ
              "The only place you will be accepted is the place you make for
              yourself." Holly Lisle, Fire In The Mist, 1992
            • Julie Holm
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 6, 2007
                Yes, I am a consultant, and I travel very frequently,
                indeed 70 to 100% of the time. Podcasting together is
                a great joint project because you have to really work
                together, and you have to complement each other to do
                it.

                We have great times together.

                Julie
                --- Flyswatter <luara.mom@...> wrote:

                > Sounds like a great show as well as fun outings with
                > your husband! I
                > find that now that I podcast with my husband
                > sometimes we talk more!
                > It's a great side benefit that we didn't expect.
                >
                > Laura
                >
                > > On 2/6/07, Julie Holm <julie_holm@...>
                > wrote:
                > > >

                > > > I just joined this group and am looking forward
                > to the conversation.
                > > > My husband and I have been podcasting a bit
                > short of a year (our one
                > > > year anniversary will be mid March).
                > > >
                > > > Our show is a soundseeing show, with the
                > emphasis on walking tours in
                > > > the Washington DC area, Washington TravelCast.

                > Laura Ross
                >
                > The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
                > http://coffeeandteashow.com
                > Listener hotline: 206-338-6194
                > coffeeandteashow@...
                >
                > Rocky Horror Pod Show
                > http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
                > Listener hotline: 206-888-4991 (note new number)
                > rockypod@...

                Read my blog on the adventure of learning a second language as an adult
                at http://www.livejournal.com/users/zweisprachen
                My website: www.dragonsholm.org

                Have a burning question?
              • morvenwestfield
                Message 7 of 8 , May 4, 2008
                  Hi,

                  I've already posted a couple of replies and then realized that I
                  probably didn't introduce myself. If I did already, ignore what I said
                  before ;-)

                  I'm a writer of fantasy/horror (vampire) novels who wants to start a
                  short podcast to promote my work and build a fanbase. I listen to quite
                  a few podcasts during my commute to the day job and am in the process
                  of thinking what my format will be. I've snagged the domain
                  vampireswitchesandgeeks.com and have a test reading up on
                  http://morvenwestfield.podbean.com/

                  I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts here. From what I've
                  read so far, it looks like you really know what you're doing ;-)

                  Morven

                  www.morvenwestfield.com
                  www.myspace.com/morvenwestfield
                • David Smith
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 4, 2008
                    Welcome to the group. Some of us know what we're doing. Me not so much,
                    but I keep doing what I do know.

                    You might also want to look at Podiobooks.com, which has turned out to be
                    quite the venue for promoting novels and what-not. A number of authors
                    both podcast their novels through Podiobooks and host them on their own
                    sites. I listen to lots of their books, and review them on my own show as
                    I finish them. Good stuff.

                    There are also a number of literary and fiction podcasts out there with
                    established audiences, and they might be good possibilities for exposure.
                    And a number of folks who have podcast novels also participate here. They
                    can give you some good guidance on the particular challenges of podcasting
                    novels.

                    Hope you enjoy it all as much as I have.

                    Grizzly

                    It was 5 May 2008, when morvenwestfield commented:

                    Grizzly's Growls Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>