Re: Re[2]: [podcasters] best free podcast hosting?

  • Andy Bilodeau
    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 3, 2007
      On 2/3/07, Dennis Hays (Editor) <dennis@...> wrote:

      > BTW, my first podcast, which really sucked (by anyone's standards) has
      > over 10,000 downloads now. (I'm much better now, Dave.")
      >
      > Best,
      >
      > Dennis

      Mine also REALLY sucked as I struggled with exactly what I wanted to
      do. I knew I wanted to podcast but I didn't know about what. The first
      2 where so bad, they are no longer available and I apologize to anyone
      who may have inadvertently listened. That's the beauty, if they are so
      bad that the make you apologize, then remove them from your feed. It's
      your content. Ultimately, no one cares more about your stuff than
      you...I would hope.

      The key is, just start....you'll find your path. It's impossible to be
      perfect when you start...think of when you first started
      something...driving a car...did you master all the skills in a single
      go. If you are like me, after several trips into the ditch and a few
      close calls to unsuspecting pedestrians, you slowly start to master
      the required skills. The exact same is true in podcasting.

      You have to start. Period. If you don't start there's no way in hell
      you can get better.

      Don't be daunted by the technology of it...that's easy enough to learn
      and this list is a fantastic source of assistance.

      I don't care for the word passion but you need to Get jazzed...get
      pumped...kick it up a notch...and many many other Rah Rah cheerleader
      expressions you can think of. You have to like what your doing or
      don't do it...simple enough.

      The key is start.....stop lolly gagging and get something from analog
      (you) to digital (mp3) and do it now man!

      So sayeth me!

      (who the hell am I?)

      --
      Andy Bilodeau
      PodCaster

      The AndyCast PodCast
      You'll laugh 'til you stop!
      http://www.andycast.net
      Skype : andybilodeau
    • David Smith
      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 13, 2007
        It was 13 Feb 2007, when Bob Zwick commented:

        > Hi David,
        >
        > There are tons of choices out there. I thought I'd mention the free
        > hosting service I set up for a bunch of my disabled friends. No cost
        > at all. Just use the software I wrote and send your podcasts to my
        > site.
        >
        > I have to admit it's not the prettiest eye candy but it works and
        > gives you an RSS feedand publicity help.
        >
        > http://www.podcastaloud.com

        Well, I'm up and running on Libsyn now, but I'll take a look out of
        curiosity, and for a time when I may not be able to afford Libsyn anymore.
        I might even qualify as disabled, depending on who you ask.

        --
        Grizzly <grizzly at atbbs.dyndns.org>
        Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>