Re: [podcasters] best free podcast hosting?

    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 3, 2007
      On 2/3/07, David Smith <dbsmith@...> wrote:

      > Thanks. Now I'm past the point of "no ideas," and working my way through
      > "lack of nerve." I've read and listened to so much about how to do a
      > podcast well, and heard a few hundred shows from 30-40 producers, and I'm
      > a bit intimidated. I don't currently have the right resources to do it as
      > well as I'd like, and I hate to not do things well. Later, I'm sure I'll
      > have other excuses.

      Perhaps this is just your process, but from "not giving a rat's ass"
      to this, you seem determined to talk yourself into not starting. You
      seem insistent on making *us* collaborators in the big non-event, too.
      Maybe you want a pat on the shoulder, or a cookie or something.

      I guess you missed that my "Good luck with your podcast" was ironic.

      I have little sympathy for someone who wants to plan ahead for apathy
      on their *own project*. What you have here on this list are a couple
      of thousand people who just turned on a mic one day and started
      talking. Most of them are still doing it. Virtually everyone is
      doing it *because they care about it*. To say that you're intent on
      not caring about your own podcast is an insult to everyone who does.
      It's certainly not going to make *me* care about your podcast. Or an
      audience.

      "Hate to do things well?" Get over it. Of course your first podcast
      is going to suck. Everyone's first podcast sucks. You do it anyway,
      and if you're paying attention, maybe your second one will suck a
      little less. By the time you've released five podcasts to the world
      you *might* have something decent.

      If you put some effort and passion into it. But it sounds like you're
      not interested in that. If you *remain* uninterested in effort and
      passion, you will fail. And no one else will care. You can't make
      other people care without that passion.

      So start podcasting, or don't. It isn't anybody else's problem but yours.

      http://www.escapepod.org
    • David Smith
      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 13, 2007
        It was 13 Feb 2007, when Bob Zwick commented:

        > Hi David,
        >
        > There are tons of choices out there. I thought I'd mention the free
        > hosting service I set up for a bunch of my disabled friends. No cost
        > at all. Just use the software I wrote and send your podcasts to my
        > site.
        >
        > I have to admit it's not the prettiest eye candy but it works and
        > gives you an RSS feedand publicity help.
        >
        > http://www.podcastaloud.com

        Well, I'm up and running on Libsyn now, but I'll take a look out of
        curiosity, and for a time when I may not be able to afford Libsyn anymore.
        I might even qualify as disabled, depending on who you ask.

        --
        Grizzly <grizzly at atbbs.dyndns.org>
        Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>