Re: [podcasters] best free podcast hosting?

  • David Smith
    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 2, 2007
      It was 31 Jan 2007, when Stephen Eley commented:

      > On 1/31/07, David Smith <dbsmith@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > If it's nothing, free means I don't have to give a rats.
      >
      > And that's good?

      Probably. Don't need more stress, especially from something I'm doing for
      fun. And based on my W-2s, I'm also poor.

      > Good luck with your podcast.

      Thanks. Now I'm past the point of "no ideas," and working my way through
      "lack of nerve." I've read and listened to so much about how to do a
      podcast well, and heard a few hundred shows from 30-40 producers, and I'm
      a bit intimidated. I don't currently have the right resources to do it as
      well as I'd like, and I hate to not do things well. Later, I'm sure I'll
      have other excuses.

      Maybe I'll do a Five-Minute Memoir, just to get my feet wet. Used to be I
      could do five minutes standing on my head. Now my face would turn purple
      and I'd pass out.
    • David Smith
      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 13, 2007
        It was 13 Feb 2007, when Bob Zwick commented:

        > Hi David,
        >
        > There are tons of choices out there. I thought I'd mention the free
        > hosting service I set up for a bunch of my disabled friends. No cost
        > at all. Just use the software I wrote and send your podcasts to my
        > site.
        >
        > I have to admit it's not the prettiest eye candy but it works and
        > gives you an RSS feedand publicity help.
        >
        > http://www.podcastaloud.com

        Well, I'm up and running on Libsyn now, but I'll take a look out of
        curiosity, and for a time when I may not be able to afford Libsyn anymore.
        I might even qualify as disabled, depending on who you ask.

        --
        Grizzly <grizzly at atbbs.dyndns.org>
        Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>