Re: [podcasters] interesting experience with PDFs in Podcast Feeds

  • Andrew Darlow
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
      Hi Todd:

      I use Feedburner primarily because I like their SmartCast feature for
      iTunes-compatible enclosures.

      I also like their FeedFlares, which allow you to choose from many pre-
      built ones or you can make your own. FeedFlares are commonly used the
      way large publishers add "e-mail this link" after a post. I have
      about 5 enabled, and here's what the text looks like:

      Email this � Technorati: 2 links to this item � Add to del.icio.us �
      Subscribe to this feed � Slashdot This � Digg this

      I've protected my main RSS feed by following FeedBurner's directions
      for redirecting feeds. The way I understand it is that this allows me
      to revert to my original RSS feed and keep my subscribers. It just
      requires you to change a few lines of code in one file if memory
      serves me correctly. I use WordPress, but you can protect your feed
      (it's called a redirect) on other blog platforms.

      I also like the stats, and the SmartCast feature made it easy for me
      to get up and running about 7 months ago.

      My questions don't necessarily all relate to Feedburner. I am curious
      in general if partial feeds in blog software cause problems with
      enclosures of different media in blog posts.

      All the best,

      Andrew Darlow

      Andrew Darlow
      Editor, The Imaging Buffet