RE: [podcasters] interesting experience with PDFs in Podcast Feeds

  • Todd Cochrane
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
      The question I continue to ask people is why use FeedBurner when your blog
      creates it's own feed.

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
        Hello again:

        In my last post, 3 and 4 are the same question. I meant to write.

        3. Has anyone been able to distribute video files with partial feeds
        set on
        their blog?

        4. Has anyone been able to post a PDF from a blog with partial feeds
        selected in your settings?

        All the best,

        Andrew Darlow
        Editor, The Imaging Buffet
        http://www.imagingbuffet.com
        Our most recent podcast
        via phone 24/7: +1 (415) 376-7216.

      • Andrew Darlow
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
          Hi Todd:

          I use Feedburner primarily because I like their SmartCast feature for
          iTunes-compatible enclosures.

          I also like their FeedFlares, which allow you to choose from many pre-
          built ones or you can make your own. FeedFlares are commonly used the
          way large publishers add "e-mail this link" after a post. I have
          about 5 enabled, and here's what the text looks like:

          Email this � Technorati: 2 links to this item � Add to del.icio.us �
          Subscribe to this feed � Slashdot This � Digg this

          I've protected my main RSS feed by following FeedBurner's directions
          for redirecting feeds. The way I understand it is that this allows me
          to revert to my original RSS feed and keep my subscribers. It just
          requires you to change a few lines of code in one file if memory
          serves me correctly. I use WordPress, but you can protect your feed
          (it's called a redirect) on other blog platforms.

          I also like the stats, and the SmartCast feature made it easy for me
          to get up and running about 7 months ago.

          My questions don't necessarily all relate to Feedburner. I am curious
          in general if partial feeds in blog software cause problems with
          enclosures of different media in blog posts.

          All the best,

          Andrew Darlow

          Andrew Darlow
          Editor, The Imaging Buffet