Recording conference calls

  • Miranda Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2007
      Okay I have an opportunity to be part of an audio press conference with an
      actor on Thursday and I would really like to record it. Does anyone know of
      an easy way to do that?

      I know I could call out of Skype into it, but I was thinking a free way to
      record rather than paying to call out from my computer.

      Thoughts anyone?

      --
      Herbert Hoover - "About the time we can make the ends meet, somebody moves
      the ends."
    • Shawn Thorpe
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2007
        Radio Shack sells a fairly inexpensive device for recording phone calls.
        It's an adapter that runs between your phone jack and your audio hardware.
        I don't know the exact name and/or model number of the adapter, but if you
        search the Radio Shack website (or check with a store in your area) you
        could probably find it.

        -Shawn

        On 1/30/07, Miranda Thomas <spygrl@...> wrote:

        > Okay I have an opportunity to be part of an audio press conference with
        > an
        > actor on Thursday and I would really like to record it. Does anyone know
        > of
        > an easy way to do that?
        >
        > I know I could call out of Skype into it, but I was thinking a free way to
        > record rather than paying to call out from my computer.
        >
        > Thoughts anyone?
        >
        > --
        > Herbert Hoover - "About the time we can make the ends meet, somebody moves
        > the ends."
        > -----------------------------
        > Are you on the list?
        > www.heroescast.com
      • David Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2007
          I have been tinkering with a program called Express Scribe for a while
          now, which I came across in my ill-fated attempt to train as a Medical
          Transcriptionist. The company that produces that also has a hodgepodge of
          other utilities, including one or two for recording phonecalls.

          Tinkering with the (free) Express Scribe has had me wondering if there'd
          be a desire for someone to transcribe podcasts. Seems like the content is
          too ephimeral to require such a thing, though.

          It was 31 Jan 2007, when Shawn Thorpe commented: