Re: Audio & Video Flash Players

  • houseofchic
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2007
      >Posted by: "Tom Sparks" tom_a_sparks@... tom_a_sparks
      >Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:51 am (PST)

      >what blog software are you using?
      >got wordpress get podpress http://www.mightyse ek.com/podpress/

      My blog is powered by Wordpress. Back when I was trying to get things setup
      unfortunately coincided with the Mighty Seek site going down and for the life of me I
      couldn't get it running properly so gave up and followed Charles Hodgson's
      recommendation for the per episode player from http://www.1pixelout.net/code/audio-
      player-wordpress-plugin/ which is fine for the audio post parts of my show on the blog.

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "JM Campbell" <geek4x4@...> wrote:

      > Are they separate Audio and Video files that need to be viewed at the
      > same time? If that's the case, why not just put the audio as the audio
      > track on the video so it's only 1 file.
      > If you just want a player that can play audio or video, if you can't
      > find a flash player that works, you could use an embedded Windows
      > Media Player or embedded Quicktime.
      > either of those will play audio and video.
      >
      > -JMCampbell
      > Comics Radar
      > comicsradar.com

      The way my show Directors Notes works is I interview a film director about a specific piece
      of work, which then goes out as an mp3 file in my feed. To give the interviews context and
      so listeners can see the films discussed, I then release the director's film or a clip if it's a
      longer piece into my feed also as a mov, mp4.

      My reason for wanting an RSS compatible player and not going down the embedded QT/
      WMP route is so that it can update dynamically and be posted on my MySpace or on
      listeners' sites/blogs if they feel like helping us out by promoting the show.The RSS flash
      players I've tried so far can playback the mp3 interview fine but make a screeching noise
      like a camel spider when they try to play the video files. I came across the SpringWidgets
      RSS Reader Widget yesterday (http://www.springwidgets.com/widgets/view/23) which just
      lists the video files with a link and can play the audio files, so that's a step forward, but
      ideally I'll like a player that can playback both file types.

      Cheers for the suggestions
      ________
      MarBelle
      Directors Notes
      The What, How & Why of Independent Filmmaking
      http://www.directorsnotes.com