Contest For Pickle 5

  • softballjunk
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 11, 2007
      I am posting this to ask for your help. We hope to release our new
      site update Pickle 5 the first week of Feb. To go along with this
      release, we are having a contest on Podcast Pickle. It is an easter
      egg hunt. With prizes for the winner.
      Here is what we are asking from you.

      1. To play our promo announcing the contest on your podcast.

      2. To donate to the prize package. We are asking that you play the
      winners promo on your podcast.

      We hope to create a prize package of the largest promo package ever
      put together. In return we will list your podcast on the prize page
      of The Pickle.

      If you can assist us just reply and tell us so. If you have anything
      extra you would like to donate that is great. Please tell us that too.

      So in short we need you to play 2 promos, and a prize is you have one.

      Thanks in advance Gary
    • P. Dilly
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 12, 2007
        I started a forum string on The Pickle that may expain this better.

        http://www.podcastpickle.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11292&st=0#entry67798

        --
        Gary leland

        www.PodcastPickle.com
        www.SportPodcasts.com
        www.ChurchPodcasts.com
        www.ScifiPods.com
        www.PodcastInspector.com
        www.PickleMobile.com
        www.PicklesPodcastNews.com
        www.PodcasterTree.com
        www.Podcasterwiki.com

      • P. Dilly
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 16, 2007
          If anyone is interested we added $500 Cash to the prize list.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 18, 2007
            If anyone is interested, we have a pre promo for the contest. This is just
            to let people know it is coming up.

            http://podcastpickle.com/media/audio/promo...moEasterEgg.mp3<http://podcastpickle.com/media/audio/promos/PodcastPicklePromoEasterEgg.mp3>

            On 1/16/07, P. Dilly <podcastpickle@...> wrote:

            > If anyone is interested we added $500 Cash to the prize list.
            >
            > On 1/12/07, P. Dilly <podcastpickle@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I started a forum string on The Pickle that may expain this better.
            > >
            > > http://www.podcastpickle.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11292&st=0#entry67798
            > >

            > > On 1/11/07, softballjunk <podcastpickle@... > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I am posting this to ask for your help. We hope to release our new
            > > > site update Pickle 5 the first week of Feb. To go along with this
            > > > release, we are having a contest on Podcast Pickle. It is an easter
            > > > egg hunt. With prizes for the winner.
            > > > Here is what we are asking from you.
            > > >
            > > > 1. To play our promo announcing the contest on your podcast.
            > > >
            > > > 2. To donate to the prize package. We are asking that you play the
            > > > winners promo on your podcast.
            > > >
            > > > We hope to create a prize package of the largest promo package ever
            > > > put together. In return we will list your podcast on the prize page
            > > > of The Pickle.
            > > >
            > > > If you can assist us just reply and tell us so. If you have anything
            > > > extra you would like to donate that is great. Please tell us that too.
            > > >
            > > > So in short we need you to play 2 promos, and a prize is you have one.
            > > >
            > > > Thanks in advance Gary
            > > >

            > > --
            > > Gary leland
            > >
            > > www.PodcastPickle.com <http://www.podcastpickle.com/>
            > > www.SportPodcasts.com <http://www.sportpodcasts.com/>
            > > www.ChurchPodcasts.com <http://www.churchpodcasts.com/>
            > > www.ScifiPods.com <http://www.scifipods.com/>
            > > www.PodcastInspector.com <http://www.podcastinspector.com/>
            > > www.PickleMobile.com <http://www.picklemobile.com/>
            > > www.PicklesPodcastNews.com <http://www.picklespodcastnews.com/>
            > > www.PodcasterTree.com <http://www.podcastertree.com/>
            > > www.Podcasterwiki.com <http://www.podcasterwiki.com/>
            >

            > --
            > Gary leland
            >
            > www.PodcastPickle.com <http://www.podcastpickle.com/>
            > www.SportPodcasts.com <http://www.sportpodcasts.com/>
            > www.ChurchPodcasts.com <http://www.churchpodcasts.com/>
            > www.ScifiPods.com <http://www.scifipods.com/>
            > www.PodcastInspector.com <http://www.podcastinspector.com/>
            > www.PickleMobile.com <http://www.picklemobile.com/>
            > www.PicklesPodcastNews.com <http://www.picklespodcastnews.com/>
            > www.PodcasterTree.com <http://www.podcastertree.com/>
            > www.Podcasterwiki.com <http://www.podcasterwiki.com/>

            --
            Gary leland

            www.PodcastPickle.com
            www.SportPodcasts.com
            www.ChurchPodcasts.com
            www.ScifiPods.com
            www.PodcastInspector.com
            www.PickleMobile.com
            www.PicklesPodcastNews.com
            www.PodcasterTree.com
            www.Podcasterwiki.com

          • Ramble Redhead
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 18, 2007
              I am interested...

              --
              Check out the Ramble Redhead Show at http://rambleredhead.blogspot.com or
              www.rambleredhead.com

              Check out my Frappr map www.frappr.com/rambleredhead

              AOL or AIM Screen Name: Rambleredhead

              Yahoo Rambleredhead

              Subscribe via Itunes:
              http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=98939550&s=143441

              Comment Number: 574-203-4263

            • Andrew Darlow
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
                Hello:

                I just went through an interesting exercise that I've seen done by
                others, but never tried before: Linking a PDF in a blog post so that
                it would be distributed as an RSS enclosure item-like an mp3 or video
                file. I think this a great way to distribute content, even if most
                portable media devices can't read the PDFs.

                I use Feedburner to host my feed, and I use their SmartCast service.
                There, you can choose to only have audio, video, images only or "any
                rich media file" be "enclosed" when you post, so I set it to "any
                rich media file," embedded my pdf with no special tags, wrote my blog
                post and it didn't work (the enclosure did not "take").

                I then found some links online about this:

                <http://forums.feedburner.com/viewtopic.php?t=11001&highlight=pdf
                +enclosure>

                and <http://log.hugoschotman.com/hugo/2005/06/the_pdf_enclosu.html>

                and <http://www.msgilligan.com/rss-enclosure-bp.html>

                so I embedded the enclosure tag in the link so it looked like this:

                > <a rel="enclosure" href="http://www.andrewdarlow.com/
                > InkjetTips20070131.pdf">InkjetTips20070131.pdf</a>

                I saved my post again, crossed my fingers, but it didn't work (at
                least in iTunes, where I tested it). Of course, the post appeared in
                my RSS reader: NetNewsWire, but the enclosure still didn't "take".

                I run my blog on the Wordpress platform and after sending an email to
                Feedburner support, they recommend changing to a full feed from
                partial feeds, which I changed in my Wordpress control panel, and it
                then worked fine.

                Prior to changing to full feeds, I even put the link to the PDF at
                the top of the blog post just in case that mattered, but it didn't.

                Here are a few questions:

                1 Since Feedburner's SmartCast service creates the enclosure tag for
                me, I'm guessing I can remove the rel=enclosure from future posts of
                this type, but I'm curious what others' experiences have been with
                PDF and SmartCast. There was also a jpg in the same post and I wonder
                how that might affect the enclosure.

                Next time I am going to try to set the SmartCast to "audio only" but
                embed the rel=enclosure tag with a PDF to see if it overrides the
                SmartCast setting. Has anyone done this?

                2. I'm almost sure that my mp3's posted fine before with my blog
                using partial feeds, but have others experienced problems with blogs
                set to partial feeds not allowing the enclosure to be created with
                mp3's embedded in a post?

                3. Has anyone been able to distribute PDFs with partial feeds set on
                their blog?

                4. Has anyone been able to post a PDF from a blog with partial feeds
                selected in your settings?

                5. For those who use a podcatcher other than iTunes, can you see if
                the PDF comes over OK? This is the feed: <http://feeds.feedburner.com/
                imagingbuffet>

                Thanks and all the best,

                Andrew Darlow
                Editor, The Imaging Buffet
                http://www.imagingbuffet.com
                Our most recent podcast
                via phone 24/7: +1 (415) 376-7216.

              • Todd Cochrane
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
                  The question I continue to ask people is why use FeedBurner when your blog
                  creates it's own feed.

                  _____

                  and <http://www.msgillig <http://www.msgilligan.com/rss-enclosure-bp.html>

                  <http://www.andrewdarlow.com/> rlow.com/
                  > InkjetTips20070131.pdf">InkjetTips20070131.pdf</a>

                  I saved my post again, crossed my fingers, but it didn't work (at
                  least in iTunes, where I tested it). Of course, the post appeared in
                  my RSS reader: NetNewsWire, but the enclosure still didn't "take".

                  I run my blog on the Wordpress platform and after sending an email to
                  Feedburner support, they recommend changing to a full feed from
                  partial feeds, which I changed in my Wordpress control panel, and it
                  then worked fine.

                  Prior to changing to full feeds, I even put the link to the PDF at
                  the top of the blog post just in case that mattered, but it didn't.

                  Here are a few questions:

                  1 Since Feedburner's SmartCast service creates the enclosure tag for
                  me, I'm guessing I can remove the rel=enclosure from future posts of
                  this type, but I'm curious what others' experiences have been with
                  PDF and SmartCast. There was also a jpg in the same post and I wonder
                  how that might affect the enclosure.

                  Next time I am going to try to set the SmartCast to "audio only" but
                  embed the rel=enclosure tag with a PDF to see if it overrides the
                  SmartCast setting. Has anyone done this?

                  2. I'm almost sure that my mp3's posted fine before with my blog
                  using partial feeds, but have others experienced problems with blogs
                  set to partial feeds not allowing the enclosure to be created with
                  mp3's embedded in a post?

                  3. Has anyone been able to distribute PDFs with partial feeds set on
                  their blog?

                  4. Has anyone been able to post a PDF from a blog with partial feeds
                  selected in your settings?

                  5. For those who use a podcatcher other than iTunes, can you see if
                  the PDF comes over OK? This is the feed: <http://feeds.
                  <http://feeds.feedburner.com/> feedburner.com/
                  imagingbuffet>

                  Thanks and all the best,

                  Andrew Darlow

                • Andrew Darlow
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
                    Hello again:

                    In my last post, 3 and 4 are the same question. I meant to write.

                    3. Has anyone been able to distribute video files with partial feeds
                    set on
                    their blog?

                    4. Has anyone been able to post a PDF from a blog with partial feeds
                    selected in your settings?

                    All the best,

                    Andrew Darlow
                    Editor, The Imaging Buffet
                    http://www.imagingbuffet.com
                    Our most recent podcast
                    via phone 24/7: +1 (415) 376-7216.

                  • Andrew Darlow
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
                      Hi Todd:

                      I use Feedburner primarily because I like their SmartCast feature for
                      iTunes-compatible enclosures.

                      I also like their FeedFlares, which allow you to choose from many pre-
                      built ones or you can make your own. FeedFlares are commonly used the
                      way large publishers add "e-mail this link" after a post. I have
                      about 5 enabled, and here's what the text looks like:

                      Email this � Technorati: 2 links to this item � Add to del.icio.us �
                      Subscribe to this feed � Slashdot This � Digg this

                      I've protected my main RSS feed by following FeedBurner's directions
                      for redirecting feeds. The way I understand it is that this allows me
                      to revert to my original RSS feed and keep my subscribers. It just
                      requires you to change a few lines of code in one file if memory
                      serves me correctly. I use WordPress, but you can protect your feed
                      (it's called a redirect) on other blog platforms.

                      I also like the stats, and the SmartCast feature made it easy for me
                      to get up and running about 7 months ago.

                      My questions don't necessarily all relate to Feedburner. I am curious
                      in general if partial feeds in blog software cause problems with
                      enclosures of different media in blog posts.

                      All the best,

                      Andrew Darlow

                      Andrew Darlow
                      Editor, The Imaging Buffet