Adding video to RSS of audio feed

  • Michael W. Dean
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2007
      I know adding video to RSS of audio feed is nothing new, but it is for
      me.

      I interviewed a guy who I'd done a short film with years ago. Put the
      interview as audio, the regular podcast. Mentioned film in interview,
      and then also put up Quicktime of the film, and put this in the RSS feed.

      If anyone has time, can you please check it out and see if it works,
      and let me know what podcatcher you're using?

      For some reason, on my end, in iTunes, the quicktime file gets
      downloaded, but the MP3 podcast episode doesn't, unless I click on
      "get" after it shows up in the listing. And I've got iTunes to
      automatically download new episodes. Thoughts?

      Thank you,
      MWD

      >>Clone The Homeless, episode 0014
      Website: http://www.clonethehomeless.com/
      Episode: http://www.askdollie.com/cth/Episode-0014-CloneTheHomeless.mp3
      RSS: http://www.askdollie.com/cth/CloneTheHomeless.xml
      Quicktime: http://www.kittyfeet.com/starvingEven_Shorter2.mov

      --Simon Clifton (from The Stuns) and Michael W. Dean talk about
      London, England's music scene, speed-snorting waiters in San
      Francisco, Mini-DV cameras, taking interns hostage for fun and profit,
      going to Sundance, drinking beer, film school pros & cons, EU and UK
      passports vs. Icelandic passports, why girls are nifty, and the ghost
      of heroin past. ALSO, the song "Accept the Sun" by The Stuns.

      --George Earth and Michael W. Dean talk about Echo Park, dealing with
      cops, living in the backdrop where they shoot the Shield, living
      portably as a musician, getting ripped off, psychic collaboration,
      defragging your mental hard drive, living in Los Angeles without
      owning a car, having shi**y jobs (including mopping up at a porno
      theater) while being on a major label, coffee overdose experiences,
      and how to pee in a jar. ALSO the song "Boom Boom Pow" by George Earth.

      >>Clone The Homeless, episode 0014-B

      Quicktime video file of Simon Clifton acting in the trailer of the
      unproduced Michael W. Dean film "Starving in the Company of Beautiful
      Women."
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2007
        On 1/4/07, Michael W. Dean <kittyfeet70@...> wrote:

        > For some reason, on my end, in iTunes, the quicktime file gets
        > downloaded, but the MP3 podcast episode doesn't, unless I click on
        > "get" after it shows up in the listing. And I've got iTunes to
        > automatically download new episodes. Thoughts?

        Look in your iTunes preferences. In the Podcast pane, there's an
        option that says "When new episodes are available:"

        If you change it to "Download all," you'll get everything that's new.
        But the default setting for that option is "Download the most recent
        one." Thus, when two new episodes post at about the same time, it'll
        only get one of them.

        There's no good answer to this. It's at the client end, so you can't
        do anything about it. My own response is to do my best not to put out
        more than one file per day.

        http://www.escapepod.org