New Olympus Recorders

  • C.C. Chapman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2007
      Just saw this post

      http://crunchgear.com/2007/01/04/olympus-drops-three-digital-voice-recorders
      /

      Looks like a sweet little recorder and the price is definitely nice. My only
      question is if it has a Line-in or not. Since it says the microphone is
      detatchable at the top I'm assuming so, but without a spec sheet who knows.

      Anyone have any idea?

      C.C. Chapman
      <http://www.accidenthash.com/> www.accidenthash.com
      www.managingthegray.com <http://www.managingthegray.com/>
      www.uturncafe.com

      and the new www.oneguysthoughts.com

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2007
        On 1/4/07, C.C. Chapman <cc@...> wrote:
        > Just saw this post
        >
        > http://crunchgear.com/2007/01/04/olympus-drops-three-digital-voice-recorders

        "...and they are capable of recording in an extra-quality stereo SXQ
        mode that can record and play audio content up to 44.1kHz at 128Kbps."

        Another proprietary format. Joy!

        That sample rate does at least make it usable -- previous Olympus and
        other voice dictation units only went up to 11 kHz, making them
        wretched for podcasting purposes -- but it's still a lot more
        expensive than the old podcasters' favorite, the iRiver 79x/89x
        series, which records real MP3 files at up to 320 kbps.

        (Which, by the way, does have line in.) >8->

        http://www.escapepod.org