Re: [podcasters] Overstock sale at BSW

  • Michael Mennenga
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 4, 2007
      Stephen Eley wrote:

      > >> Meanwhile: anyone have any advice for cheap equipment racks?
      >
      > The rack came today, but I haven't had time to open the box yet so I
      > won't vouch for quality. However, my basic requirement was just "Hold
      > my gear up off the table" so I don't expect it to fail.

      Damn, I was going to talk about this on the show, but we ran out of time.

      One of the best racks you can build is simple and cheap, and it may be
      perfect for most podcasters since it sits on any flat surface without
      needing screws or mounts. (Plus it's any size you want it to be)

      Buy a 2 space rack shelf. (You can get one for BSW for $25)

      Then pick up a short pair of rack rail. (another $20)

      Mount the rail on the shelf and add your equipment. What is cool with
      this setup is that you have space underneath to put stuff. (CD's, mics,
      cables..... stuff)
      Also, it is as big as you need it to be. two space, five space....
      whatever. It stands up strait, (no leaning back) and it slides around
      on the table easy for positioning.

      Give it a try, I think you'll like it.

      --
      Michael R. Mennenga

      Director of Technical Operations
      Farpoint Media
      www.farpointmedia.net

      Host of Dragon Page, Slice of Scifi and Wingin' It!
      www.dragonpage.com
      www.sliceofscifi.com
      www.michaelandevo.com