yet another new term - prodcasts

  • Les Posen
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2007
      I've not seen this mentioned, but on surfing around looking at
      Powerpoint 12 developments (personally, I'm keenly waiting for
      Apple's Keynote 4 to be released next week) I came across this site:

      http://www.theiwcenter.com/

      which is touts itself as "A community portal for Information Workers".

      There you will see a definition of PRODCAST: "Prodcasts" are
      productivity broadcasts which focus on Information Worker topics.

      Let's not confuse it with podcasts, because when you move around the
      website, you see quite a few interesting audio interviews, e.g.,
      "Special Executive Prodcast - Steve Ballmer, Chief Executive Officer,
      Microsoft Corporation" (ouch, that's gotta hurt), but nowhere to
      subscribe to the audio files, (cf. blogs on the site).

      The site appears devoted to mainly developments within Microsoft's
      sphere of influence.

      Les
    • Paul Puri
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2007
        On 1/3/07, Les Posen <lesposen@...> wrote:

        > There you will see a definition of PRODCAST: "Prodcasts" are
        > productivity broadcasts which focus on Information Worker topics.

        Don't know about you, but I don't like any prods being cast anywhere near
        me.

        Paul Puri
        Time Magazines 2006 Person of the Year

        A Nice Place to Podcast!
        http://podmotel.com

        Listen to Podcasts. No iPod necessary!
        The Podcast Guild Planning Committee.
        http://podcastguild.com/

        Promotion without shame.
        Podcasting Announcements

      • Michael W. Dean
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 8, 2007
          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Les Posen <lesposen@...> wrote:

          > I've not seen this mentioned, but on surfing around looking at
          > Powerpoint 12 developments (personally, I'm keenly waiting for
          > Apple's Keynote 4 to be released next week) I came across this site:
          >
          > http://www.theiwcenter.com/
          >
          > which is touts itself as "A community portal for Information Workers".
          >
          > There you will see a definition of PRODCAST: "Prodcasts" are
          > productivity broadcasts which focus on Information Worker topics.
          >
          > Let's not confuse it with podcasts, because when you move around the
          > website, you see quite a few interesting audio interviews, e.g.,
          > "Special Executive Prodcast - Steve Ballmer, Chief Executive Officer,
          > Microsoft Corporation" (ouch, that's gotta hurt), but nowhere to
          > subscribe to the audio files, (cf. blogs on the site).
          >
          > The site appears devoted to mainly developments within Microsoft's
          > sphere of influence.
          >
          > Les
          =================
          We use the same term, but only because it's an adult podcast.
          MWD
          http://www.askdollie.com
        • spuhn
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 8, 2007
            Thanks MWD, I think i just ruined my keyboard by spitting water all
            over it.

            -spoon

            ==================================
            www.shouldidrinkthat.com <www.shouldidrinkthat.com>

            Should I drink that? Beercast
            Even if it's crap, we drink it so you don't have to!

            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Dean" <kittyfeet70@...>

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 8, 2007
              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "spuhn" <fatherspoon@...> wrote:

              > Thanks MWD, I think i just ruined my keyboard by spitting water all
              > over it.
              >
              > -spoon
              >
              > ==================================
              > www.shouldidrinkthat.com <www.shouldidrinkthat.com>
              >
              > Should I drink that? Beercast
              > Even if it's crap, we drink it so you don't have to!
              >
              > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Dean" <kittyfeet70@>
              > wrote:
              >

              > > > There you will see a definition of PRODCAST: "Prodcasts" are
              > > > productivity broadcasts which focus on Information Worker topics.
              > > =================
              > > We use the same term, but only because it's an adult podcast.
              > > MWD
              > > http://www.askdollie.com
              =================
              Is the host of a beercast allowed to drink water? lol.....

              MWD
              http://www.clonethehomeless.com
            • spuhn
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 8, 2007
                Some of the beers I've had to drink I'd gladly take water. Gotta clean
                the palate somehow... but it doesn't lotion the skin.

                -spoon

                ==================================

                wrote:
                > Is the host of a beercast allowed to drink water? lol.....
                >
                > MWD
              • Michael W. Dean
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 8, 2007
                  --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "spuhn" <fatherspoon@...> wrote:

                  > Some of the beers I've had to drink I'd gladly take water. Gotta clean
                  > the palate somehow... but it doesn't lotion the skin.
                  >
                  > -spoon
                  >
                  > ==================================
                  > www.shouldidrinkthat.com
                  >
                  > Should I drink that? Beercast
                  > Even if it's crap, we drink it so you don't have to!
                  >
                  > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Dean" <kittyfeet70@>
                  > wrote:
                  > > Is the host of a beercast allowed to drink water? lol.....
                  > >
                  > > MWD

                  Same with some coffee.

                  Did you know that in France the slang for Amercian coffee is "pepe
                  kitty"? Literally, "Cat Pee".

                  MWD
                  Submission and Coffee with Dollie Llama
                  http://www.askdollie.com