Re: [podcasters] Re: Podcasting in Antarctica

  • Tee Morris
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 2, 2007
      On Jan 2, 2007, at 6:54 PM, Michael W. Dean wrote:

      > One more question, is there any reason to include stuff that has
      > adult-explicit themes, or do men in remotely isolated areas not care
      > to hear that stuff?

      I'd like to double-check that that as well. I mean, what are the
      plans if you get content that is R-rated? Will you be bleeping out F-
      bombs and the like?

      Enjoy the Ride,

      Tee Morris
      co-author, PODCASTING FOR DUMMIES
      ----------------------------

      The Survival Guide to Writing Fantasy
      A podcast of strategies, ideas, and insights
      FINALIST FOR THE 2006 PARSEC AWARD FOR BEST WRITING PODCAST

      Subscribe to this podcast at http://www.teemorris.com/blog

      -~-~-~-~-~-~-~

      MOREVI: The Chronicles of Rafe & Askana
      An epic fantasy from Tee Morris & Lisa Lee
      FINALIST FOR THE 2006 PARSEC AWARD FOR BEST SPECULATIVE FICTION (LONG
      FORM) PODCAST

      Subscribe to this podcast at http://www.podiobooks.com
      PodioBooks.com -- Telling the World a Story, One Podcast at a Time
    • Tony Mechin
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
        Hi there and happy ny 2 u all!

        I'll be sending some stuff from SWRadioAfrica, (not the shona language
        shows :-) so this might be an opportunity for those podcasters who
        just want to send along one or two shows.

        I'm based in Johannesburg, so the biggest problem is the lack of
        bandwidth to pull down the shows. I should be able to make three or
        four CDs.

        I've set up antarcticapodcast@... to receive contributions.
        (First 2 gigs wins :-)

        I'll make the discs on the 7th and ship them to Cape Town by overnight
        courier so they'll be there on the 9th.

        And I'll have a great collection...

        Hope that helps
        tony

        > TRANSMIT YOUR MESSAGE IN ANTARCTICA

        > Do you have a song, a message, or a sound that you
        > want broadcast in Antarctica?

        > We are looking for your music, sound art, radio plays,
        > radio documentaries, and any phonically interesting
        > artefacts you have to broadcast on Antarctica first
        > artist-run radio station. There is a supply plane
        > leaving for Antarctica from Cape Town on 11 January.
        > We plan to have a shipment of CDs sent on that supply
        > plane.
      • thxdave
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
          Okay, we're in too. I'm putting a disk with about 20+ episodes of our
          "Stuck in the 80's" podcast into the mail tonight. Keep your fingers
          crossed that it makes it there in time.

          Dave Morrison
          Producer/Engineer
          Stuck in the 80s
          Ante Up! Pokercast
          www.tampabay.com

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, honor <honorharger2@...> wrote:

          <snip>

          > We are calling for pre-recorded radio programmes,
          > podcasts, music, and other audio content to be
          > broadcast on the station.
          >
          > Would any of you be interested in having any of your
          > archived podcasts aired in Antarctica?
          >
          > Any CD that gets to the below address in South Africa
          > before a supply plane leaves for Antarctica on 11
          > January will be broadcast in Antarctica. If you have
          > any music, sound art, audio interviews, magazine style
          > shows, etc that you would like broadcast in
          > Antarctica, perhaps you would like to send a cd?
          >
          > Let me know what you think.
          >
          > Very best wishes
          >
          > Honor Harger
          >
          > r a d i o q u a l i a
          > http://www.radio-astronomy.net
          > http://www.radioqualia.net
          > honor@...

          <snip>
        • honor
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
            Dear All,

            Firstly, a very big thank you very much to Tony Mechin
            for offering to make some CDs for those who missed the
            postal deadline for the radio station in Antarctica.

            Also, I have just now received some good news. A
            friend of our has told us that he is going down to
            Cape Town this Monday 8 January. He has very kindly
            offered to download some MP3s from the internet, burn
            a set of CDs and take them to the supply plane in Cape
            Town. So if you, or anyone you know, missed the
            postal deadline, there is another chance.

            He has requested that all files are sent via the
            online file delivery service YouSendIt
            <http://www.yousendit.com> before Sunday 7 January at
            1500 Central European Time (one hour ahead of GMT).

            Instructions:
            - Visit: http://www.yousendit.com
            - Register for a Free Account
            - Once registered, click on the 'Send File' option
            - step 1"recipient's email address' type:
            mx@...
            - step 2 'select a file" choose your file
            - step 3, click send it.

            I'm afraid I can not use You Send It on my slightly
            elderly Mac, and thus, I can't give you any more
            technical advice than this. Give it a go, and if it
            doesn't work, well we tried! :-)

            If this doesn't work, then upload the file you want to
            send to an FTP server, and send me a direct link ASAP
            (this will need to be before this Friday at 1000
            Central European Time).

            All the best

            Honor

            --- Tony Mechin <tony.mechin@...> wrote:

            > Hi there and happy ny 2 u all!
            >
            > I'll be sending some stuff from SWRadioAfrica, (not
            > the shona language
            > shows :-) so this might be an opportunity for those
            > podcasters who
            > just want to send along one or two shows.
            >
            > I'm based in Johannesburg, so the biggest problem is
            > the lack of
            > bandwidth to pull down the shows. I should be able
            > to make three or
            > four CDs.
            >
            > I've set up antarcticapodcast@... to receive
            > contributions.
            > (First 2 gigs wins :-)
            >
            > I'll make the discs on the 7th and ship them to Cape
            > Town by overnight
            > courier so they'll be there on the 9th.
            >
            > And I'll have a great collection...
            >
            > Hope that helps
            > tony
            >
            > > TRANSMIT YOUR MESSAGE IN ANTARCTICA
            >
            > > Do you have a song, a message, or a sound that you
            > > want broadcast in Antarctica?
            >
            > > We are looking for your music, sound art, radio
            > plays,
            > > radio documentaries, and any phonically
            > interesting
            > > artefacts you have to broadcast on Antarctica
            > first
            > > artist-run radio station. There is a supply plane
            > > leaving for Antarctica from Cape Town on 11
            > January.
            > > We plan to have a shipment of CDs sent on that
            > supply
            > > plane.

          • chris2x
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
              I have an episode about living in Antarctica but that seems a bit like carrying coals to
              NewCastle :-)

              Chris Christensen
              Amateur Traveler podcast
              http://AmateurTraveler.com